Virtual Teen Forums

Go Back   Virtual Teen Forums > >
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Chat Room

Old November 13th, 2016, 08:34 PM   #1
Glis25

Glis25's Forum Picture

Name: Sean
Unhappy I'm tired of eating so much.

I honestly dont know what is wrong with me. I always feel like im hungry, and i just always have desires to eat. I will be well fed yet still want more food. Ive always been fat but now its gotten to a point where im slowly killing myself. I eat garbage food and Ive gotten to a point where I eat myself to a point where im about to throw up once a week. Im just tired of it yet I cant stop. I dont really know what to do. The more I eat the more weight I put on and feel more depressed, yet eventually ill be like "okay ill just stop eating junk food" and then three hours later ill eat a bunch of garbage. I feel like im using food to eat my depression away but it dosent work and its just a never ending cycle of feeling depressed, eating, then feeling depressed again. Im just lost on what to do.

Hey!
Sean/17/ Bi-curious
I play video games all day. Recently I have been playing Overwatch, Smite, and Pokemon!
Feel free to add me to talk about anything
Glis25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 14th, 2016, 02:59 PM   #2
nebulous

Default Re: I'm tired of eating so much.

I've been at the same point as you are today but even worse, I did not realize I was eating garbage food. I only noticed it because a (not so anymore) friend said it directly into my face: "Hey, your are eating things like a pig and also look so!" This was the moment I realized: That's true!
So now back to you. You are one step ahead: You already noticed that something is wrong. If you really want to change the way you eat (and maybe look), my advise is to track calories. I've downloaded the app "FatSecret", which has a vast database of food. You just have to enter EVERY. SINGLE. FOOD, every single chip you've been eating, every single sip of coke you've been drinking, everything. Maybe only for a few days to see: Oh, ok, so much calories I'm consuming. I have to consume less of this and maybe more of that to have a healthy and balanced diet.. But the essential step is to make clear: How much am I really consuming because your self-rating often lacks in accuracy. I've done this and am on a good track now, so DON'T buy any diet pills, I also don't like buying "media praised" food such as avocado or chia.. Believe me, a balanced diet does not necessarily HAS to include these products. Think of people 50 years before we were born.. did they have super-foods? No. You have to come back on the right track and you will see very quick progress!
nebulous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 15th, 2016, 07:43 PM   #3
BlackParadePixie
Awesome Poster

BlackParadePixie's Forum Picture

Name: Fiona

Have you tried seeing a weight loss counselor or a nutritionist? Or even just a normal counselor/therapist? If you're eating to fight depression, the underlying problem may not just be your eating, it's the depression.
We can sit here all day long and tell you what good foods to eat, and how to exercise...but if you have no self control when it comes to the things or amount of food you eat, then that information isn't going to do you any good.

17 - f - Wes Anderson fan

BlackParadePixie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 18th, 2016, 07:40 PM   #4
Anniebanannie
Member++

Anniebanannie's Forum Picture

Name: Annie

I was going to say the same thing as BPP. Maybe start with a counselor/therapist and see if that leads you to a solution. Good luck!
Anniebanannie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 24th, 2016, 06:02 PM   #5
niklas
Member+

Name: Niklas

Can you talk to your family doctor? Or a counsellor at school? I had a friend that was depressed, he didn't overeat, but he had other issues. It got pretty bad, but he got help from his doctor, he takes some medication, but he feels so much better. Anyway, not to say that you need medication, but definitely talk to someone.
niklas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 28th, 2016, 06:08 AM   #6
Trevor.

Name: Trevor
Smile Re: I'm tired of eating so much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glis25 View Post
I honestly dont know what is wrong with me. I always feel like im hungry, and i just always have desires to eat. I will be well fed yet still want more food. Ive always been fat but now its gotten to a point where im slowly killing myself. I eat garbage food and Ive gotten to a point where I eat myself to a point where im about to throw up once a week. Im just tired of it yet I cant stop. I dont really know what to do. The more I eat the more weight I put on and feel more depressed, yet eventually ill be like "okay ill just stop eating junk food" and then three hours later ill eat a bunch of garbage. I feel like im using food to eat my depression away but it dosent work and its just a never ending cycle of feeling depressed, eating, then feeling depressed again. Im just lost on what to do.
I think you should see a doctor, this is either a stress --> food cycle or a addiction to junk food? You either need a therapist to help control the the stress that is causing you to eat or a councilor that can help you control your eating.

Last edited by Trevor.; December 28th, 2016 at 06:09 AM. Reason: Spelling mistake
Trevor. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 31st, 2016, 02:01 AM   #7
EUnmelq84

Name: Eunice

Quote:
I'm going through the same thing, except I have a high metabolism so I don't gain weight as fast. I also have depression and use food as a way of comfort. I don't think, I just eat. Recently, I've been trying ways to stop that. Dieting can help, but it can lead to even more dangerous routes. I suggest you start slow, set goals for yourselves. And be mindful of your body. If your stomach growls, that means you're really hungry and you should eat. But if you're just looking for food mindlessly, you can get out of control. Start doing stretches and exercises. Go outdoors and walk around. Nature is the best remedy, my friend. Be positive that you can overcome this thing, man. The way you think can actually affect your body's health, that's what i learned from experience. Start slow, you can do it. If ever you need to talk more about this, I'm here for you.
EUnmelq84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 3rd, 2017, 09:08 AM   #8
messid

messid's Forum Picture

Heres a small piece of advice that I tried that helps a lot: start drinking a lot more water! Sometimes you're just dehydrated apparently. Good luck and I hope things get better

17 y.o. / straight / Ohio / probably playing soccer or video games
messid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 9th, 2017, 11:57 PM   #9
rvale22

rvale22's Forum Picture

Name: Rob

Yes i feel you

I'm Straight/ 18/ High School graduate/ PM me when ever you feel like it, I am all eyes and ears
rvale22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 17th, 2017, 11:55 AM   #10
Lyly

I agree that nature can be remedy, go for a walk in nature always make me feel better. I also have weight problems and I know how hard it is. I try to think positive. It doesn't works bad days. But sometimes. It's a beginning. Step by step.
Lyly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 21st, 2017, 05:47 AM   #11
camille78
Banned

Name: Camille

How about consulting a therapist if you are not able to control yourself? You should have the desire to quit your eating habit. I have friends who eats when they are depressed. They started to eat lots of fruits and nuts instead of junk foods. I think you should change your eating habits. Good luck!!
camille78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 26th, 2017, 08:08 AM   #12
Dmaxd123
Member+

at 17: i'd have your parents keep all the junk food out of the house and not allow you to have food in your room, at meals just try dishing your usual meal then putting say 1/4 back

also as someone else said drink lots of water

also start working out more, even just going for walks outside and slowly increasing your distance and pace... i usually don't like going to the gym but the more time I spend outside or working out in the winter the better I feel and better I feel the better I eat

those would be my first choices to try and "retrain" the brain. I don't have a weight problem but find that I get into eating garbage food and feeling like crap after it and those few things have helped me to change my appetite quite a bit.

as others have said if self help doesn't work out then go for a professional's help as it's a lot better for you to realize it now vs when it becomes an even bigger problem.

good luck
Dmaxd123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 28th, 2017, 10:33 PM   #13
Big O
Member++

Big O's Forum Picture

Name: Owen

Quote:
The best advice I could give to feel more satisfied when you eat is that to eat in small portions and drink water all day long. Literally you get the urge to eat then drink water and if your hunger stays then you actually need food. If you are trying to lose weight dont eat any carbs like bread potato chips breaded food and fried food at all and dont eat red meat like hamburgers. Try to go walking for 30 minutes a day and I can garantee you will lose weight in no time. Also try to eat lots of fruits and vegetables instead. Your diet might be a bit stall but you will find ways to spice it up. Grilled chicken is the best meat to eat to help you lose weight.

17 straight but very curious. Open to experimenting. Keep on Keepin on PM me anytime I'll talk to anyone about anything
Big O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 23rd, 2017, 08:28 PM   #14
Glis25

Glis25's Forum Picture

Name: Sean

Thank you all for the replies. I have not checked this website in months. At the moment I am currently eating even worse then before as now I am living on my own in college and i dont eat anything aside from burgers and pizza. I know that like im actually kiilling myself but i just cant stop this eating issue along with all the stress from college is really getting to me and i still dont know how to do anything about it

Hey!
Sean/17/ Bi-curious
I play video games all day. Recently I have been playing Overwatch, Smite, and Pokemon!
Feel free to add me to talk about anything
Glis25 is offline   Reply With Quote