Go Back   Virtual Teen Forums > >
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Chat Room

Old February 26th, 2017, 10:56 AM   #1
Bull
Awesome Poster

Bull's Forum Picture

Name: Bill also known as Will
Default Concerened

I have been a member for a couple of years now and have recently become concerned that there seems to be a changing attitude toward what is and what is not "appropriate". It is my perception that a certain Mod is being rather quick to stop (lock) the free exchange of information that teens seek. VT is the place for the safe questioning. I understand and agree with rules, but some of the interpretation of rules are, in my mind, questionable at best, and down right imposing the personal bias of the Mod.

Treat all people in the same way you want to be treated. Love your neighbor as much as you love yourself. Dismiss hate. Embrace love.
Bull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 26th, 2017, 11:45 AM   #2
Periphery
Professional Spivak

Periphery's Forum Picture

Default Re: Concerened

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy View Post
I have been a member for a couple of years now and have recently become concerned that there seems to be a changing attitude toward what is and what is not "appropriate". It is my perception that a certain Mod is being rather quick to stop (lock) the free exchange of information that teens seek. VT is the place for the safe questioning. I understand and agree with rules, but some of the interpretation of rules are, in my mind, questionable at best, and down right imposing the personal bias of the Mod.
Alright, I may come over as rude here but I have some things to say about this.

First of all, they should lock more threads in my opinion, specifically P101. That forum is getting out of control and went from a forum meant for advice to a nest crawling with fake accounts, pervs and extremely inappropriate posts and threads. Yes, VT is a place for safe questioning, but does that mean everything should be allowed to be posted? No. This is not about bias, this is about people who realise a lot of these threads are going way too far and are overly sexual, which should not be allowed. If the VT staff, don't lock these threads, it will get even more out of control and eventually the only active forum on VT will the P101. What you are saying here right now is that you allow people to post highly in apporpriate, sexually explicit things, please tell me why. VT is a site for advice, yes, and P101 is there for advice about PUBERTY, and as far as I'm aware describing your sex life and how many people you fucked over the course of your teen years has nothing to do with your body changing during puberty.

You're concerned about the VT staff trying to keep things appropriate, while the first thing I'm concerned about is P101's impact on VT. The amount of views the archives get for example is downright disturbing, but I doubt you think about that. The masturbation surveys all over the place serve no purpose, and the threads that either range from perv stuff to details nobody ever asked for. Those are the things we should be concerned about. Instead of complaining about the mods making P101 less inappropriate, you should maybe post in other forums and look there, and realise that P101 is taking it too far. Honestly, I'm also concerned about the fact you don't even see the problem with these explicit posts, and why they are not appropriate. That's concerning to me because let's be real here, you're old enough to be mature about these things and know that posting in P101 for years in a row makes you look like a total creep.

(Just my opinion)

I'd like to ask you one more thing though, do you believe there are fake accounts of 50 year old men all over P101 that love inappropriate threads?

When you're taught to love everyone, to love your enemies, then what value does that place on love?
-Marilyn Manson

Android? We can't be friends sorry!!!!!
-Proof Bob is a peasant

~Richelle was here~

Last edited by Periphery; February 26th, 2017 at 11:51 AM.
Periphery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 26th, 2017, 12:00 PM   #3
Mars
Global Moderator

Mars's Forum Picture

Regardless of what anyone thinks, said mod is doing their job and a good one at that. What is being locked and archived is done accordingly and in line with the rules. There isn't a debate or a discussion to be had here.

"The head may err, but never the blood.”
Nice salt pouch, asshole
Quote:
Originally Posted by StoppingTom View Post
so if he pulls these shenanigans again, I'm whipping out the long dick of the law on him

~Endeavour was here~
~Mike Was Here~
Mars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 26th, 2017, 03:29 PM   #4
Bull
Awesome Poster

Bull's Forum Picture

Name: Bill also known as Will

I don't think either response was rude. I am not complaining, just making an observation. I find nothing in either responding post with which I disagree. And I am in total agreement that inappropriate posts be deleted and that inappropriate threads be locked. However, questions should be allowed and answers allowed when they do not violate stated rules. Just delete but not lock, is what I guess I am saying. Not interested in a debate.
Thanks for reading my input and responding. I am done here.

Treat all people in the same way you want to be treated. Love your neighbor as much as you love yourself. Dismiss hate. Embrace love.
Bull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 26th, 2017, 06:54 PM   #5
Elysium
Global Moderator

Elysium's Forum Picture

Quote:
I don't think either response was rude. I am not complaining, just making an observation. I find nothing in either responding post with which I disagree. And I am in total agreement that inappropriate posts be deleted and that inappropriate threads be locked. However, questions should be allowed and answers allowed when they do not violate stated rules. Just delete but not lock, is what I guess I am saying. Not interested in a debate.
Thanks for reading my input and responding. I am done here.
Locking instead of deleting is a pretty conscious decision, actually. It's less work on our part (we don't have to PM and explain why a thread was deleted); people who responded don't have their post count mysteriously go down; and other people can see what's already been locked and why and it gives them a better idea of what is and what isn't allowed (snooping through the P101 archive helped me get hired as a moderator in the first place because I knew what to report).

I understand that locking a thread calls attention to someone having broken a rule, but it's not actually punishable unless you make a ridiculous amount of lockable threads. And if you're embarrassed about having a thread locked, you can report it and ask us to delete it for you and we will. I think this is ultimately a situation in which the good outweighs the bad.

Unless there's another reason why deletion is preferable to locking that I'm not seeing. If there is, I'd be happy to discuss it with you further.

Global Moderator
My Diary
“Everything was beautiful and nothing hurt.”
- Kurt Vonnegut, Slaughterhouse Five

PM me FAQ
[email protected]
“The Goderator”
~Mike was here~
*Ali*
val
~Steven~
Elysium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 28th, 2017, 06:12 AM   #6
scott2002
Nice Poster

scott2002's Forum Picture

Name: Scott

Quote:
It is my perception that a certain Mod is being rather quick to stop (lock) the free exchange of information that teens seek. VT is the place for the safe questioning. I understand and agree with rules, but some of the interpretation of rules are, in my mind, questionable at best, and down right imposing the personal bias of the Mod.
I'm fairly new here, and I've honestly been trying to ask responsible questions about things that I'm curious about, and I have had a LOT of my posts taken down and I've been reprimanded many times.

It seems like you want to limit "puberty" to questions and concerns about what is happening anatomy-wise inside our pants. What is driving me nuts about puberty is what's happening inside my HEAD. I'm very curious about girls and what's going on inside them and how they feel about things, and it seems I keep getting told what I've posted is "inappropriate".

I have my first girlfriend ever right now. All we do (sexually) is kiss. I want to do a LOT more and she wants to do NOTHING more, and that's driving me crazy! Isn't that part of puberty? But if I ask questions, they get taken down as inappropriate.
scott2002 is offline   Reply With Quote