Virtual Teen Forums

Go Back   Virtual Teen Forums > >
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Chat Room

Old January 9th, 2017, 06:45 AM   #1
Tundredude

Default Depression has lead to weight gain/beer gu

So I've been at college for a year and in this year both my psychical appearance and mental Heath have declined, mostly because of my drinking habits. I've started drinking at around the age of 16 but in the past year I consume alchohol every day and it's ruining my life. I mostly binge drink on social gatherings but whenever I'm unhappy I'll normally drink a few beers and eat crap food and it's caused a lot of weight gain. I used to go to the gym every day but in the last 6 months I don't feel motivated to go and I also feel like I'll get ridiculed. The shirts I brought at the start of the year don't fit me very well now and I've had to buy really baggy shirts so that my stomach doesn't protrude especially when I'm going to lecture theatres or being with friends it's really embarrassing. I've lost all of my muscle mass and when my brother and dad came to visit they knew something was up and booked me into therapy, which I haven't found helpful at all. I'm scared to go public places now and I tend to feel like shit everywhere I go. I need help cutting down on alchohol and I need motivation to start going back to the gym. Someone please help
Tundredude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 2nd, 2017, 11:50 PM   #2
idefineme
Junior Member+

Name: mendy
Default Re: Depression has lead to weight gain/beer gu

Looks like you've reached the print when you really need to think of the consequences of you action as a motivator and find the positive in you life and increase it. Force yourself to go out, don't be lethargic. Pick up a charity you want to work with, volunteer.motivation needs to be asked and you are the only one who can find out, it's out there, waiting.

Introspective thoughtful and fragile. Love you.
idefineme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 14th, 2017, 06:08 PM   #3
jamie_n5
VT Lover

jamie_n5's Forum Picture

Name: Jamie

You are not alone man. A lot of people that go off to college tend to really put on the weight that first year or two. The changes and partying and eating junk food and all you described. If you think that you have developed an addiction to alcohol and can't beat it yourself then you should seek professional help. There are counselors right there on campus that can help you. Either way you need to discipline yourself and get back to eating right and exercising. The counselors can help with both alcohol use and depression. Get help now before things get worse and all of this ruins your whole life.

I am gay and happy with that.
I love talking to people very open & willing to listen.
I am also glad to try help with questions or problems.
Hit me up for anything. I promise I don't bite.
jamie_n5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 15th, 2017, 05:45 PM   #4
BlackParadePixie
Awesome Poster

BlackParadePixie's Forum Picture

Name: Fiona

why has therapy not helped? maybe you need more of a motivational speaker. or find a trainer at the gym, i'm sure they could help motivate you.

17 - f - Wes Anderson fan

BlackParadePixie is offline   Reply With Quote