Virtual Teen Forums

Go Back   Virtual Teen Forums > >
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Chat Room

Old January 18th, 2017, 08:46 PM   #1
gherkin2pickle

gherkin2pickle's Forum Picture

Name: Bre
Default I'm so stressed out right now

I know I have no right to complain because there are thousands of other people in worse situations than me. But still. I feel like I'm going to explode from all of the stuff I'm holding in, so hopefully writing this will help out.

I'm a sophomore high school student taking AP World History, Adv. English, Geometry, Adv. Chemistry, Symphonic band, and government. I have an AP World test tomorrow and the next day, plus two geometry tests in the next two days as well. There's so much to remember for AP world history, and I never was very good at math. I can FEEL my hair turning grey from all of the madness. I'm constantly worried about my grades and how I'll do on tests. I've been having a crisis about college recently too, how I'm going to afford rent and food and textbooks and classes. I'm participating in a biology program next year, so I'll be leaving my high school to take classes at a zoo for the whole year. That stresses me out because I don't know how far it will put me behind on my required classes.
My friends and family know I'm always panicking about this stuff, but I don't let them ask about it. My fingers and nails are torn and chewed up from biting them so much from nervousness. The anxiety I have in school is ridiculous. The other day, when my AP World teacher gave us our short answer and essay questions we might have on the test, I instantly started to cry because there were so many. I don't know what to do.

If anyone has any advice about how I can de-stress, whether it be through activities at home or changes at school, please let me know. It just feels like there's this constant threat looming above me, never allowing me to be truly content. It's a nuisance and I want to be normal. Having this constant anxiety affects my friendships and my performance while doing anything. I need to a way to lessen it. Suggestions would be appreciated.

Thank you.
gherkin2pickle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 18th, 2017, 08:57 PM   #2
Adarest

Default Re: I'm so stressed out right now

Simple answer, if you can study everything in time, GREAT! If not, then accept the grade you earn for the effort you did put in. As for activities, spend time learning new fun things with your friends, like origami (paper folding - SIMPLE stuff first). Go to the movies, because it sounds to me like you definitely need a break! Another idea is to make 1 whole day a day where you never study at all, but you keep reading your notes every day for memory.

For essay questions, try to get some bullet points or most important things in a list, so you could just look at the question and have 4-5 things pop up in your mind that you could easily make into a paragraph or essay. For multiple choice tests, just reread your textbooks everyday, until you can almost memorize everything.

I said it before, but if you can't remember it all, its fine, you would at least pass everything. Talk to your teachers and counselors if you feel troubled, even if you have to talk to your family to request time off from house chores for more time studying. Or explain to your family you need a break and want to hang out to release your mind. If this helps, clean up your room, it helps clear your thoughts. Same with running if you put a song in your head. What you do is up to you, but don't forget about time management.
Adarest is offline   Reply With Quote