Virtual Teen Forums

Go Back   Virtual Teen Forums > > >
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Chat Room

Old December 22nd, 2016, 03:24 AM   #1
Bobby.O

Name: Bobby
Default Anxiety/Social Anxiety

I have bad anxiety and really bad social anxiety I shy away people and don't talk much people tend to think it's because I'm stuck up which is not the case. I get all sweaty and start to fidget when I'm talking to someone who I'm not familiar with and it only happens in person or when I'm talking on the phone and video chatting I'm completely fine when I'm talking to someone through text message or online through messenger. Am I the only one? I know I'm not but I feel like it sometimes. Does anyone have any ideas on how I can cope or get through this??

Bobby 19 m us
Bisexual or very bi curious I'm not sure yet
Feel free to message me boys and girls I don't bite
Bobby.O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 26th, 2016, 07:59 PM   #2
Irishperson15
Nice Poster

Default Re: Anxiety/Social Anxiety

There is probably no easy way to overcome it Bobby, other than trying to branch out. If you find it difficult, it is better to do it slowly at first. Try to meet up with someone from college or school, work whatever or even some club or group you're in. This will help you gain greater confidence in yourself and when you have more confidence in yourself, you can then start to try and feel comfortable with more than one person. It probably won't be easy for you bro but just keep your head up. I used to be way more shy and worried about what everyone thought but now I have realised than if I just do my thing then those that matter will stick around and what is meant to be will be. Just try your best mate, it isn't easy but then again, nothing worthwhile is ever easy let me know how you get on.

If i agreed with you, then we would both be wrong

Sweet dreams are made of cheese, who am I to dis a brie?

Message if you want a chat
Irishperson15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 26th, 2016, 08:16 PM   #3
Amethyst Rose
The Fragile

Amethyst Rose's Forum Picture

Default Re: Anxiety/Social Anxiety

I also deal with very bad anxiety. Something that might be helpful for you is when you start talking to someone you don't know well, ask them questions. Let them do all the talking. Once they tell you a little about themselves, you'll feel more comfortable and it will be easier to carry on a conversation. Don't get discouraged if it doesn't work every time - some people click and some don't. What matters is that you make an effort to step out of your comfort zone and get to know people. It's easier said than done, so don't overthink it. Just do it before you have time to change your mind (that's what works for me).

"To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world."
PM Me Ask Me [email protected]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desynchronized View Post
Gawd dammit the mods r so cruel.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Special One View Post
I just food and I still have a hungry.
Amethyst Rose is offline   Reply With Quote