Virtual Teen Forums

Go Back   Virtual Teen Forums > >
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Chat Room

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old December 23rd, 2016, 01:48 AM   #1
Danieldv77

Default Asperger's syndrome in a nutshell

For all intents and purposes, I find that we have the opposite of autism, as instead of having trouble understanding the world around us, it is that our senses are truly overloaded by it, henceforth why we are classified as what we are. That is not to say that autism and aspergers syndrome don't have distinct similarities, but generally (and this is from personal experience) I find that we are quite different from both normal people and autism spectrum afflicted people. To start, the reason why we have distinct similiarities to autism disorder afflicted persons is that we tend to be less expressive than the average person, usually acting less like a normal person when in thought or idly attempting to make conversation. However, a distinct difference is that where autism spectrum afflicted people find it troublesome to associate with others and form understandable thoughts, we can do it just as proficiently as others, albiet with difficulties as well, stemming less from the fact that we can't and more towards the fact that we don't know how to. Generally, the average person has an inborn tendancy to associate a certain way with others, which is a trait we lack even when in our early stages we learn how to converse and communicate. Now, onto what psychology calls a "regular human." Generally, we are different emotionally from baseline humans in that we might be less reactionary than them or we might go emotionally overboard, truly bordering on less of a controlled outburst and more of a psychotic emotional fit. That is not to say that we feel emotion any differently, more that we cannot sufficiently express that emotion on the spot with any normal method of showing it. I apologize for the rant, but being one affected by such a condition, under no circumstances is it to be assumed that we are exactly the same.

Oh, and to add this in the footnotes, don't bother to shame me for distancing the two disorders, this is my take on it as a person afflicted, so if one is truly going to make some sort of counter-argument as to the sameness of the two conditions, please have some sort of experience in the field. I apologize if I come off as blunt, but I am currently in an emotionally neutral state, meaning that my text will literally portray no emotion and will sound like a textbook.
Danieldv77 is offline   Reply With Quote