Virtual Teen Forums

Go Back   Virtual Teen Forums > >
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Chat Room

Old October 25th, 2016, 10:09 AM   #1
The Boom
Junior Member+

Default No reason?

I'v had trouble with depression for a while... Saw psychologists, went to the hospital (for suicidal thoughts) , got in a "special teen program". After all that I thought it was over. But I can still feel it. Not as bad of course, I made some progress. The thing that bothers me the most is that there's no particular reason. People who are depressed have lost someone or felt something as terrible as this. I just THINK. It's like I forget. I'm at school, and then I start asking myself why I am at school. Then I realize there's nothing good anymore. I just eat, sleep, go to school, go to work. And that's it! Growing up wont change that... Only more and more responsabilities....

I'm 16, I like to talk about anything and I'm ready for anything.Please don't be affraid to chat with me!
The Boom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 25th, 2016, 09:57 PM   #2
Ben7

Default Re: No reason?

I've often felt depressed or down for what seemed like no reason either, and in my mind, having a pessimistic worldview is never helpful. I'd say that maybe you need something to drive you, a passion, some goal or dream to pursue, something that makes you really interested or engaged or excited.

Think and continue thinking but instead of thinking about what you described, think about the good things, the positives. Do you want to get married one day and have a family? Are you excited by the prospect of working in a particular job or career area? Is there something you really enjoy doing when you have free time? Think about all these things, and explore new activities. Go out to hang out with your friends. Talk or spend time with your family, parents and siblings. Discover your passion and your interests.
Ben7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 26th, 2016, 08:08 AM   #3
popcorn 1

yeah, Ben7 is right, you need to think positive. when your thoughts go in oposite direction , when you start think negative, start feeling that depression, just try to push it out with positive thoughts, its hard at the beginning but dont give up.
your every day is the same, maybe that is problem, so try to find some hobby, do whats you like in free time, change your day.
popcorn 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 3rd, 2016, 03:11 AM   #4
AussieNicholas
Junior Member+

AussieNicholas's Forum Picture

Name: Nicholas

This mirrors my experience almost exactly, other than I haven't told anyone or tried to get help. My family's not poor, nor have I lost anyone particularly close to me. Whenever I feel stressed or down and try to work out how to solve it, I just ask myself what the point is.

All I can suggest is to take things one day at a time. I don't know how well you're doing in school or if you have a job, but maybe you could try getting a job (if you don't already have one) or trying to keep yourself busy. When I get focused on a task, I feel a lot better, so if you can find something productive to do that you enjoy you might make a lot of progress.

I'm sorry I can't offer any other advice, but I hope that this helps you in some way.

AussieNicholas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 17th, 2016, 04:50 AM   #5
Cecilia254
Banned

Talk therapy is an extremely effective treatment for depression. why don'y you try it?
Cecilia254 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 17th, 2016, 04:56 AM   #6
Cecilia254
Banned

Talk therapy is an extremely effective treatment for depression. Why don't you take it?
Cecilia254 is offline   Reply With Quote