Virtual Teen Forums

Go Back   Virtual Teen Forums > >
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Chat Room

Old June 6th, 2016, 06:49 PM   #1
tvdfan

Default Social Anxeity

Hey guyz,
So I am kinda scared of meeting new ppl. Not really scared, but I wanna talk to people at the same time I don't.

I get a little scared people might start judging me, I might get embarrassed or make a fool of myself. Its kinda strange coz when I was small I never cared about that. I don't mind going up to strangers and talking to them.

I thinks its coz a couple of times when I was small like 10 and less I was judged, got embarrassed etc . So I am scared it might happen again.
It's kinda hard to loosen up and be myself. Tho I really wish I could do that. Idk why I just can't.

I
tvdfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 6th, 2016, 07:08 PM   #2
The Boom
Junior Member+

Default Re: Social Anxeity

Quote:
Originally Posted by tvdfan View Post
Hey guyz,
So I am kinda scared of meeting new ppl. Not really scared, but I wanna talk to people at the same time I don't.

I get a little scared people might start judging me, I might get embarrassed or make a fool of myself. Its kinda strange coz when I was small I never cared about that. I don't mind going up to strangers and talking to them.

I thinks its coz a couple of times when I was small like 10 and less I was judged, got embarrassed etc . So I am scared it might happen again.
It's kinda hard to loosen up and be myself. Tho I really wish I could do that. Idk why I just can't.

I
Been the same thing for me. Still is. Sometimes the look of a person is as heavy as a rock... You can't get rid of it. Consulted different psychologists, went to a "teen hospital" and it didn't really make a diference. The best thing you can do is reduce it. You gotta start by doing simple things. Give yourself small challenges everyday. Experiment in places like school. It's actually one of the reasons I'm on this forum. Tell yourself that the people around you might be just as scared as you are. You are definitely not alone!

I'm 16, I like to talk about anything and I'm ready for anything.Please don't be affraid to chat with me!
The Boom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 6th, 2016, 09:31 PM   #3
kevenity

kevenity's Forum Picture

Name: Keven

I think you might be socially inept. There's nothing wrong with that but I understand it's harder to connect. You'll need to find your comfort zone and take little steps in getting comfortable with people. Think of something to say and attempt to start a nice conversation going. Classmates, teammates, are good choices or maybe join a club that you're interested in so you'll meet others with the same interests. It's good to try or else nothing will progress. If they judge you, they're irrelevant for you life.
kevenity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 10th, 2016, 11:32 PM   #4
Microcosm
Awesome Poster

Microcosm's Forum Picture

Name: Dan

Personally, trying to ignore judgement has never really helped much for me. Usually it will subconsciously stick with you no matter how hard you try to ignore it.

The better response is to take judgement in and allow it to exist. It's inevitable that people are going to judge you. Instead of trying to focus on how you can ignore it, focus on how you can acknowledge it without letting it emotionally hurt you.

Just think to yourself whether that judgement is just the other person being mean or whether it is actually a bad thing about yourself. Usually, it's just them being mean. In which case it's best to not ignore it and to simply dismiss it as false and worthless. Learning to do this effectively will help you to understand the nature of judgement better while also keeping your mental state healthier.
Microcosm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 19th, 2016, 12:33 PM   #5
Jerry123123
Banned

Name: Jerry

I know it's hard to do this, but I think you actually just have to go and talk to people, take a chance. As cliche as it is, life is way too short to be worry about things, just go out try something knew, talk to someone knew, I think you'll be surprised with yourself just how good that can make you feel.
Jerry123123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 19th, 2016, 01:20 PM   #6
Typhlosion
Fire-type Metalhead

Typhlosion's Forum Picture

Name: Alex

I know what it is. Walking circles in a shopping mall because you want to enter a shop to see some shirts but there's people I need to interact there. It's like humans are magnets and we're all the same polarity, it feels that hard to go near. I didn't get a haircut for half an year because I couldn't get into a barbershop. I'm outside home, everything ready, but can't do it. Talking to new people. Talking to old friends that you lost the hang of talking to them. My breath. Doing things in a way people might find strange. Rehearsing your lines when approaching someone. What should I say? That doesn't sound natural.

I try to do thing before such thoughts overwhelm me. Sometimes my girlfriend is around and she understands, even talking for me. It's crazy. Don't think of it much and go straight ahead. Try again tomorrow :/

Formerly at your service! ^^
Ex-GD Mod

Straight / Atheist / Metalhead / Right-wing / Aspie
Typhlosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 14th, 2016, 08:29 PM   #7
jamie_n5
VT Lover

jamie_n5's Forum Picture

Name: Jamie

I think we all feel somewhat the way you do. But the fact is we all make mistakes or do or say something that we don't intend the way it came out. I am not a judgmental person but so many are. Yes if I find someone is a jerk well then I act accordingly but always give people a chance. I think you will be alright. Just forge ahead.

I am gay and happy with that.
I love talking to people very open & willing to listen.
I am also glad to try help with questions or problems.
Hit me up for anything. I promise I don't bite.
jamie_n5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 24th, 2016, 07:57 AM   #8
MrMojoRisin

I know how you feel, we'll get through it
MrMojoRisin is offline   Reply With Quote