Virtual Teen Forums

Go Back   Virtual Teen Forums > >
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Chat Room

Closed Thread

Old April 15th, 2016, 11:29 PM   #1
Deleted User
Legendary Member

Default Ptsd.

I know I was leaving the site but things happened and a lot just keeps coming back and I find myself thinking then when I come back to reality it's like I've been holding my breath or I was somewhere else and there's so many memories...

Isn't PTSD like... a response to trauma? Like why am I reliving things from... three... five years ago?

I'm supposed to be starting a brand new part of life in a matter of weeks and I can't have this right now.
Old April 16th, 2016, 12:31 PM   #2
jessie3
Member++

jessie3's Forum Picture

Name: Jessie
Default Re: Ptsd.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magenta View Post
I know I was leaving the site but things happened and a lot just keeps coming back and I find myself thinking then when I come back to reality it's like I've been holding my breath or I was somewhere else and there's so many memories...

Isn't PTSD like... a response to trauma? Like why am I reliving things from... three... five years ago?

I'm supposed to be starting a brand new part of life in a matter of weeks and I can't have this right now.
I know how you feel. Every now and then I myself still relive things that have happened to me when I was a kid... when I am in the moment of reliving those things I go into this separate world where I cry, think and blame myself for letting it happened. Sometimes I even feel like he my "uncle" still has his penis inside of me...and when I get those feelings my mind races and it stops functioning properly... sometimes my mind says that I liked it, that I should still be with him, that I should love him and listen to everything he says to me... but I know that is not what I believe in... I know what he did to me and it was wrong.

What you are experiencing is PTSD.
It's hard to live with, but with much needed help and support, you can over come it... I'm trying not to let my PTSD take over my body and let it stop me from living a life I want to live.

Last edited by jessie3; April 16th, 2016 at 09:14 PM. Reason: typo
Old April 17th, 2016, 06:15 PM   #3
Microcosm
Awesome Poster

Microcosm's Forum Picture

Name: Dan

@Magenta,

It might be because you're starting a new part of your life. Your mind might be trying to stick to the old part and resistant to the new part(hope that makes sense).

PTSD is exactly what the name says: Stress experienced after trauma, sometimes long after. It depends on the situation, but I think as your subconscious mind learns to accept new situations and as you develop as a person, dealing with this will become easier. Right now, I think it's important to just "keep your eye on the prize" so-to-speak and try to look at this feeling of stress as something learn from and use to develop yourself.

This post may have been a bit difficult to understand. My apologies if it was.

Best of luck to you!
Old April 17th, 2016, 10:49 PM   #4
Deleted User
Legendary Member

Thanks guys. It's passed, mostly. Someone hit a very emotional trigger the other day and it just smacked me like a sack of bricks to be honest. We were discussing mental health care in Canada and I told them how I was once brought into the ER then immediately locked in a windowless room for nearly six hours, made to sleep on the floor and denied medications in another hospital, and some other pretty awful stuff that was unrelated but came back anyway.

I'm feeling pretty normal again but freaked out. I happen to be alone all week which doesn't make it any easier.
Old October 20th, 2016, 11:03 PM   #5
Godsdaughter
Junior Member+

Its not that you have ptsd. When you have had bad experiances, you are going to relive them sometimes. That happens to everyone. It happens to me. It happens to my friends. That is just what people do. Still though, I know how you must be hurting and I totally feel for you. Thank you for telling us this though. It takes a very brave person to open up and be honest about things like this. I'll be praying for you
Old October 20th, 2016, 11:22 PM   #6
Endeavour
Global Moderator

Endeavour's Forum Picture

Please don't post in threads with more than two months of inactivity.

Global Moderator
am i who i'm meant to be?

Feel free to contact me: PM [email protected]
Visit: Path to the Horizon Ask Me Anything
Closed Thread