Go Back   Virtual Teen Forums > >
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Chat Room

Old October 4th, 2016, 07:30 PM   #1
Devinsoccer
Member++

Devinsoccer's Forum Picture

Name: Devin
Unhappy is this considered bullying?

At school, I am a freshman, I'm am skinny and weak. In band people tease me and say mean things to/about me that are mean because I'm first trumpet as freshmeat. In my english 1 class, I'm the only true white person there and they pick on me because I'm white and call me racist all of the time. When I get into bed at night, I almost cry myself to sleep. Its just getting way to overwhealming. I'm starting to get depressed over it. My parents don't know about this, and I don't have a gf/bf to help me.

I love bananas and minions.
Treat others the way you want to be treated-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devinsoccer View Post
Live life the way you want to live it, not the way others want you to live it.
Why do people believe that killing people isn't okay, but killing innocent baby or fetus inside the womb is okay? and vice versa?
Devinsoccer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 4th, 2016, 07:49 PM   #2
Uniquemind
VT Lover

Default Re: is this considered bullying?

Yeah they're bullying you, especially if they have no basis to prove racist behavior that you've done.

Like if you have been racist, or hold ideals or beliefs that come from a racist ideology, then okay that makes them not bullying but rather telling the truth.

But from what you have wrote, that doesn't seem to be the case.

Also don't worry about a bf or gf right now.
Uniquemind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 4th, 2016, 07:52 PM   #3
Amethyst Rose
The Fragile

Amethyst Rose's Forum Picture

I'm sorry to hear you're so depressed because of this, Devin. Don't listen to the mean things people are saying about you. Being the only white person in your class has nothing to do with being racist, and if you're first-chair trumpet in your freshman year you must be very good at the trumpet and the people who pick on you are just jealous of how good you are at your age. Keeping all this bottled up is unhealthy so I think talking to your parents, a school counselor, or someone else you trust would be a good idea.

"To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world."
PM Me Ask Me [email protected]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desynchronized View Post
Gawd dammit the mods r so cruel.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Special One View Post
I just food and I still have a hungry.
Amethyst Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 4th, 2016, 08:32 PM   #4
Devinsoccer
Member++

Devinsoccer's Forum Picture

Name: Devin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uniquemind View Post
Also don't worry about a bf or gf right now.
I was referencing the BF/GF thing because they would normally comfort you through things like this.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amethyst_ View Post
I'm sorry to hear you're so depressed because of this, Devin. Don't listen to the mean things people are saying about you. Being the only white person in your class has nothing to do with being racist, and if you're first-chair trumpet in your freshman year you must be very good at the trumpet and the people who pick on you are just jealous of how good you are at your age. Keeping all this bottled up is unhealthy so I think talking to your parents, a school counselor, or someone else you trust would be a good idea.
I honestly don't want to tell them or theyll unenroll me from the school, I'm here for the Law and CJ program. I did tell my english class that I tend to be racist when I'm agravated, but I've never said anything racist, so they do have insugnificant evidence.

I love bananas and minions.
Treat others the way you want to be treated-God

Quote:
Live life the way you want to live it, not the way others want you to live it.
Why do people believe that killing people isn't okay, but killing innocent baby or fetus inside the womb is okay? and vice versa?
Devinsoccer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 5th, 2016, 12:01 AM   #5
Uniquemind
VT Lover

Quote:
I was referencing the BF/GF thing because they would normally comfort you through things like this.

I honestly don't want to tell them or theyll unenroll me from the school, I'm here for the Law and CJ program. I did tell my english class that I tend to be racist when I'm agravated, but I've never said anything racist, so they do have insugnificant evidence.
"Evidence" see that's a problem, the court of public opinion and therefore bullying and joking and teasing, don't need evidence.

All they need is any admission of a character flaw and they will rip you apart.

This was a mistake and you must learn the importance of appearances and hiding various parts of your personality.

But what's done is done, this is something you need to not do even when aggravated.

But take the advice mentioned above too on who you need to talk too,

Academic programs exist everywhere, it's only high school afterall and then the internet is full of whatever school could teach you.

It's a prestige thing.
Uniquemind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 5th, 2016, 05:07 PM   #6
Gristo

Gristo's Forum Picture

Name: Simon

Hello Devin,

How are you ?

I hear that your situation at school seems to be harsh and that you would like to find solutions to make it better.

It isn’t easy to seek for help, so you should be proud of yourself ! It tells me that you’re courageous and resilient. You may be skinny, but you’re definitely not weak because you have chosen to stand up for yourself by trying to find solutions.

I’m willing to do my best to find solutions with you, but could you please answer a few questions so I can understand better ?

- Earlier, you said that you told your English class that you tend to be racist when you're aggravated. Was it because people were picking on you that you mentioned it ? Otherwise, what was the context ?

- When you need to be listened to, is there someone you can trust ?

- Could you tell me what solutions have been tried to improve your situation ? (E.g : talking to a school counsellor)

- You mentioned that you would prefer not to tell your parents about the problem because they would unenroll you from the school. I hear that you seem to think that it would be drastic, so could you tell me a few solutions that you can think of to ease the situation ?

You said yesterday that you were starting to get depressed over it, that you parents don’t know about your problem and that would need support to get through it. I feel worried, because even if I believe that you have the strength needed to overcome the barriers that stand in the way, it could impact your emotional well-being if you try to do it alone. What would you think about talking to a school counsellor ? Could it be something worth trying ?

Finally, about my previous questions, I understand that you might not want to share details publicly, so please feel free to contact me in private if you prefer.

Have a good evening ,

Simon

Contact information prompt removed.

Last edited by Living For Love; October 6th, 2016 at 12:53 PM.
Gristo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 6th, 2016, 10:59 PM   #7
Ben7

I'm sorry to hear this and it is quite unfortunate it should even happen in the first place. Do you have any other friends in school, maybe those who were with you at your previous school (not sure if you are a college freshman or a high school freshman, but I am assuming the latter)? Any friends from before that you can talk to?

The way I see it you have two options: bite the bullet and move forward with a new resolve not to let their comments get to you, or, tell your parents and let them take it from there. While you are at that school with a particular goal in mind, you have to decide whether that end goal is worth the cost of being antagonized on a regular basis. Perhaps you can still find a path even if you were to change schools.

That said, it's possible you can try to find/make a friend at your school - maybe there's someone who shares your interests and would be your friend. Even having one friend makes life far easier. I'd try talking to people, just try to start conversation and you never know, you might end up finding someone to hang out with. If not this, then perhaps you should consider talking to a counselor at school.

No matter what, the decision you face now is difficult and you will have to make it sooner or later. If you need further help or advice, or if it's worth anything, you can always talk to me if you want. I'm sure there are many people here who would also be happy to talk with you.

Wish you the best of luck!
Ben7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 7th, 2016, 09:14 PM   #8
Riley23
Junior Member+

Name: Riley

I think it is, yes

Riley - 16 - Extrovert - Gay - Sports Fanatic
Riley23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 8th, 2016, 04:43 PM   #9
Just JT
sure, ask, dare you

Just JT's Forum Picture

Name: JT

Just wondering here, in today's world, why, being the only white person in class, would you tell them you can be racist when agitated?

I'm not trying to place blame here, or put you on the spot, but think about what you said, and what's happening g all over our country bro....

How did you think people would respond to that?

What to do now?

Dredge on bro, stand tall and straight, look forward, and act like they just don't bother you. Even thought it's eating you up inside, if you show it, they will jump all over it.

But also, you need to let someone know what's happening here, bulky I g is wrong, and against the law. Advocate for yourself. If you can't do that, how do you think you'll be able to do it for someone else, and convince a jury of your clients peers?
Just JT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 14th, 2016, 04:07 PM   #10
MaeFae
Banned

Name: Mae

I'd say if it upsets you and they know it upsets you yet keep doing it.. then yea it's bullying :/
MaeFae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 19th, 2016, 01:26 AM   #11
Shock96

Shock96's Forum Picture

Name: Matt

Sorry you are going through what is most definitely bullying!

I know it can be tough to deal with. I would suggest talking to someone about it (like you are here I suppose...), they may be able to provide you with more help than we can since they will know your situation and the people involved better. Don't let that discourage you from seeking help here though!

It sounds like there is definitely some jealousy going on on their part. This may not help you for the time being, but know that this time will pass. My grandmother has a saying: "This too shall pass." It might seem like it will never end, or that every day lasts a thousand hours, but when you get through it and look back, it will seem like it went by in the blink of an eye. And you'll be a stronger person for it.

Depression is nothing to be ashamed of. One in four people suffer from some form of depression- that's a lot of people. You have nothing to be ashamed of. The best way to get through it is talking about it. I highly suggest you talk to a doctor about it. If you don't feel comfortable mentioning it to your parents, you could always go talk to your school counselor. They will not tell anyone unless you are suicidal. It won't have any bad effects on your schooling.

Let me know if there's anything I can do, here to help!

Matt

I've been around the block a few times... feel free to check out my blog for info. If you want advice or someone to talk/vent to, I'm here!
Shock96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 20th, 2016, 09:40 PM   #12
Godsdaughter
Junior Member+

Yes, this is absolutely bullying. If they pick on u bc ur white, then THEY are the racist ones. And its horrible to pick on ppl bc of their bodys too. You need to stand up for yourself! If they don't stop soon, I would also tell a teacher. You will be in my prayers
Godsdaughter is offline   Reply With Quote