Virtual Teen Forums

Go Back   Virtual Teen Forums > >
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Chat Room

Old September 14th, 2016, 03:39 PM   #1
Kagura
Awesome Poster

Kagura's Forum Picture

Name: Moriya
Default Emotional Abuse or Am I In The Wrong?

Hey... *awkward wave*. It's been a while, VT. How is everyone? I hope everyone is good, because I'm not.

For about a while now, I've had a rocky relationship with my parents; mainly with my mom. When she's angry, she says things like how I'm selfish and how I don't care about anybody around me; that she's sick of me and she wants me to leave. When I was around 6-9 (around the time my parents got a divorce), these things never bothered me because I thought "oh every parent says this!". How stupid I was.

There were three occasions when our arguments got severely physical: two years ago, the subsequent year, and today. In the latter's case; I didn't feel so well and she went on her usual "oh woe is me it's all your fault Moriya I'm like this." then when I outright refused to get up for school, she started hitting me and threatening to kick me out the house. I eventually went to school, but only because I couldn't stand her usual woe-is-me act of crying and trying to make me feel bad. Of course I'm having a shit day so bonus points for me I guess.

I really don't know what to do anymore. Bootsy ass US laws say she can't lose custody unless there's physical evidence of abuse, and even then they'll side with her bc "stupid millennials don't know jack shit about the real world!". Dad's pretty much no better because at this point he's rarely home, fucking that racist white woman; so take those two out and I'm basically broke and homeless. At this point I'm just waiting to die. But who knows? Maybe I'm manipulative like she says. Maybe I'm a sociopath waiting for the right time to strike. She calls me plenty of things; they must all be true.

^Kisekae Me^

"If I had a dollar for every person that told the complete truth online, Id be homeless." -Me 2016
Kagura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 14th, 2016, 09:51 PM   #2
jake97aus

Name: Jake
Default Re: Emotional Abuse or Am I In The Wrong?

Sounds like emotional AND physical abuse, regardless of what you've done she had no right to do that! I know that as a child you probably feel like you're not in control of the situation and are not wanting to get your mom in trouble. But she can't keep doing this to you, have you any other relatives you could stay with? Or maybe a close friend? If I were you I would think about talking to the police in case she hurts you a lot worse next time (and I'm really hoping there won't be a next time for your sake) Good luck, it'll get better in time <3
jake97aus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 14th, 2016, 11:04 PM   #3
Dalcourt

Dalcourt's Forum Picture

Name: Peanut

Oh Moriya that sounds really bad. As Jake above said, do you have any other relatives or family friends you could stay with?
I know it's hard I have been struggling with similar problems all my life and I know it's not easy to find help or at least someone who believes you.
So try to avoid as much confrontation with your Mom as possible...are there any possibilities to make yourself rare at home so you two don't see each other too much...that's what I usually try to do if things are bad.
I know not really great advice.
I hope you can stay strong and we are here when you need someone to talk to.
Dalcourt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 15th, 2016, 06:50 AM   #4
jake97aus

Name: Jake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peanut_ View Post
I hope you can stay strong and we are here when you need someone to talk to.
Yep, Peanut is absolutely right! Let us know how everything goes.
I also like this Winnie The Pooh quote Promise me you'll always remember: You're braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think. <3
jake97aus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 15th, 2016, 05:48 PM   #5
Kagura
Awesome Poster

Kagura's Forum Picture

Name: Moriya

Thank you guys so much for replying

^Kisekae Me^

"If I had a dollar for every person that told the complete truth online, Id be homeless." -Me 2016
Kagura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 19th, 2016, 02:56 AM   #6
Shock96

Shock96's Forum Picture

Name: Matt

Hi Moriya, hope your situation has improved in the past month. One thing I figured I would add to what the others have said... even if you don't get immediately removed from your mom, there is zero harm in getting things documented so that there is a paper trail of what has happened.

It can come in very handy if you ever need it. Another benefit is that if you tell a trusted adult, you can likely get access to some resources to help you in other ways... counseling, etc. I recommend talking to your schools counselor, because what she is doing is NOT right.

Hope things get better for you! Let us know how things have been going (provided you want to.)

Matt

I've been around the block a few times... feel free to check out my blog for info. If you want advice or someone to talk/vent to, I'm here!
Shock96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 20th, 2016, 07:11 PM   #7
Godsdaughter
Junior Member+

Oh, Moriya, i'm so sorry,
I know that its hard to tell on a parent or get them into trouble, but you deserve to be treated SO much better then this. I agree with what other people are saying about possibly staying with a relative. You could also maybe live with a friend or family friend that your parents would be willing to let you live with.
If she ever hurts you again (and I am praying that she doesn't) please do tell the police. You are a beautiful person and you deserve to be treated like one
Godsdaughter is offline   Reply With Quote