Go Back   Virtual Teen Forums > >
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Chat Room

Closed Thread

Old February 14th, 2016, 10:37 PM   #1
Body odah Man
VT Lover

Body odah Man's Forum Picture

Default Do I deserve self punishment?

So recently I've been trying to get over an addiction of mine, and in order to motivate myself I'd tell myself: 'ok, every time u relapse, no video games the next day or something.' Then I'd started promising God I'd punish myself, and I started adding more and more things to the list, things that I really like. Only this addiction is really hard to beat and the whole self punishment thing saddens me and makes me annoyed. Sometimes I just don't want to punish myself, but then I worry that if I don't God will be enraged, and so I do it anyway. What do you guys think?

Also, recently I've started trying to cause myself pain (having a window open while it's freezing cold and wearing summer clothes, not eating) because something inside me hates myself so much that I feel like I deserve to suffer.

Just a chilling teen that hates baths, collects Yugioh cards and loves Runescape
Old February 14th, 2016, 10:48 PM   #2
Sheriff McGregor
VT's Poet

Sheriff McGregor's Forum Picture

Default Re: Do I deserve self punishment?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Body odah Man View Post
So recently I've been trying to get over an addiction of mine, and in order to motivate myself I'd tell myself: 'ok, every time u relapse, no video games the next day or something.' Then I'd started promising God I'd punish myself, and I started adding more and more things to the list, things that I really like. Only this addiction is really hard to beat and the whole self punishment thing saddens me and makes me annoyed. Sometimes I just don't want to punish myself, but then I worry that if I don't God will be enraged, and so I do it anyway. What do you guys think?

Also, recently I've started trying to cause myself pain (having a window open while it's freezing cold and wearing summer clothes, not eating) because something inside me hates myself so much that I feel like I deserve to suffer.
How about doing something productive?

Every time you give into your addiction, give back to the community. Donate money to a charity. Spend a day volunteering at a homeless shelter.

Everytime you do well in your journey, treat yourself to dinner, or a movie or something.

I believe God is merciful, all loving and forgiving. Ask for help and forgiveness, if you are sincere and by that I mean really working to change, he will be there. I dont know your religion so, that's all I can say regarding that.

THESHERIFF
Visit the links below if you'd like

Old February 15th, 2016, 03:43 AM   #3
Body odah Man
VT Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheriff McGregor View Post
How about doing something productive?

Every time you give into your addiction, give back to the community. Donate money to a charity. Spend a day volunteering at a homeless shelter.

Everytime you do well in your journey, treat yourself to dinner, or a movie or something.

I believe God is merciful, all loving and forgiving. Ask for help and forgiveness, if you are sincere and by that I mean really working to change, he will be there. I dont know your religion so, that's all I can say regarding that.
Inside, I feel like losing privileges and stuff is the only way God will forgive me, which is why I do it. I could try ur idea but then I'd worry I was 'cheating God'.

Just a chilling teen that hates baths, collects Yugioh cards and loves Runescape
Old February 15th, 2016, 10:52 AM   #4
Sheriff McGregor
VT's Poet

Quote:
Inside, I feel like losing privileges and stuff is the only way God will forgive me, which is why I do it. I could try ur idea but then I'd worry I was 'cheating God'.
May I ask what religion you follow?

THESHERIFF

Old February 15th, 2016, 10:53 AM   #5
Body odah Man
VT Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheriff McGregor View Post
May I ask what religion you follow?
Christianity but not sure if I'm Catholic or Protestant oriented.

Old February 15th, 2016, 11:05 AM   #6
Sheriff McGregor
VT's Poet

Quote:
Christianity but not sure if I'm Catholic or Protestant oriented.
I don't think God would want you you to punish yourself. I don't know the last time you went to church but, I recommend going. Sometimes just hearing a priest or preacher talk is really inspirational and can get you on the path you need to be going.

Catholic Churches offer confessions. They are completely confidential and I think very helpful as far as telling someone your sins, your desire to change and your seek for help.

THESHERIFF

Old April 21st, 2016, 10:28 PM   #7
Zbmrnb16

Name: Zack

While I don't believe in a god, I know that if there is one, he (it?) wouldn't want you to do that to yourself. If it's too bad, then seek help in the form of a psychologist.
Old April 23rd, 2016, 11:19 AM   #8
Body odah Man
VT Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zbmrnb16 View Post
While I don't believe in a god, I know that if there is one, he (it?) wouldn't want you to do that to yourself. If it's too bad, then seek help in the form of a psychologist.
Still trying to find one, but thanks for the tip

Old April 23rd, 2016, 03:14 PM   #9
Zbmrnb16

Name: Zack

Quote:
Still trying to find one, but thanks for the tip
What's important is that you're trying. You might have to go through a few before you find the right one, but as long as you're making an effort to change things, that's what's important.
Old April 30th, 2016, 07:34 PM   #10
holly6

Name: Holly

You don't need to punish yourself for things you've done wrong. Just accepting that you've done them and maybe feeling guilty is important. Or you can tell someone you trust. Don't feel like you need to punish yourself though, because it's unnecessary; we all make mistakes.

yooo i'm a little piece of trash you should be my friend though !!!
Old May 1st, 2016, 10:24 AM   #11
Body odah Man
VT Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by holly6 View Post
You don't need to punish yourself for things you've done wrong. Just accepting that you've done them and maybe feeling guilty is important. Or you can tell someone you trust. Don't feel like you need to punish yourself though, because it's unnecessary; we all make mistakes.
Makes sense; thank you for posting.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoJoSpain View Post
Even the best of us have a weakness/addiction, although that's not an excuse to continue with it. However, self-punishment isn't the remedy either.
True, true. I dunno, it just felt like I had to do it, you know. That's (mostly) over now though

Old October 13th, 2016, 12:29 AM   #12
JenniferMaust
Banned

Name: Jennifer

Do what you feel like doing, good bad whatever. Trust the almighty everything will be fine.
Old October 13th, 2016, 06:50 AM   #13
Abhorrence
Death

Abhorrence's Forum Picture

Quote:
Originally Posted by JenniferMaust View Post
Do what you feel like doing, good bad whatever. Trust the almighty everything will be fine.
Please do not post in threads that have been inactive for two months or longer.

Nothing will be waiting for you at the end of this life.

Ask // Private Message
~Mike was here~
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elysium
Spooky scary labia
Closed Thread