Old August 22nd, 2016, 09:31 AM   #21
Brightwolf
Nice Poster

Brightwolf's Forum Picture

Name: Rennoc
Default Re: Hair and puberty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermes View Post
You remind me of something that happenned to me. I was an earlier developer and at one point I had a reasonable amount of under-arm hair and many of the guys had none but then some of them ended up with like a forest there, more than I had. That doesn't mean they had "overtaken" me it was more a case of they just come from a family where their genes mean more hair.

Likewise I have some chest hair and my dad has none. That doesn't mean his puberty stopped and I overtook him it just means his side of the family doesn't have as much hair and I must get it from my mum's side of the family. And yes, you can inherit male characteristics from your mum. Even characteristics that are not expressed in female because they are only "turned on" by testosterone are still there in the genes to be passed on.

So, androgenic hair, i.e. public, under-arm, trail, leg, chest and beard only grows under the influence of testosterone so getting any of those proves you have developed to a certain point and they do seem to follow an order but there is also the genetic angle so trying to judge your progress by comparing hair with others is a bit unreliable.
Ah ok, thanks. I think that ill get chest hair, though I don't mind if I don't get any.

~~Christian, I like exploring, video games, music, and writing~~

I'm just a small, highly sensitive, kid who's really really good at sneaking.
Brightwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 24th, 2016, 08:54 AM   #22
Kevgpdx
Member++

Kevgpdx's Forum Picture

Name: Kevin

I agree with others. I think it's more genetics than anything. I was an early bloomer. I got pubes at 12 or so and then had hair on my chest starting by 14. I'm 16 now and and have a hairy chest but all the guys in my family are hairy. But I know guys who are out of puberty and don't have hairy chests. So it's just the genes.

17 - Curious guy willing to chat about anything
Kevgpdx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 12th, 2016, 12:17 PM   #23
ThomasD

ThomasD's Forum Picture

Name: Thomas

I havent got much hair only a thin feint trail like u mentioned
ThomasD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 12th, 2016, 04:26 PM   #24
jxxx_z

Name: Jake

It's all down to genetics. Does your dad have a hairy chest? That'll tell you your chances
jxxx_z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 13th, 2016, 08:06 PM   #25
LFox96
Banned

Name: Logan

I was late developing hair, but I still really haven't gotten any chest hair at the age of 20. I do have a happy trail and pubes of course.
LFox96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 14th, 2016, 07:49 AM   #26
Jthompson
Member++

Name: Weller

No. I was an early bloomer. I still have zero chest hair. But I have a big bush, and armpit hair.
Jthompson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 14th, 2016, 08:38 AM   #27
acerjg17

acerjg17's Forum Picture

Name: Logan

Everyone develops that type of hair at different points. I am not sure if puberty has any effect on it
acerjg17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 14th, 2016, 10:03 PM   #28
Justpassing12
Member+

It is for sure a factor in it, but it doesn't indicate how far along you are, because there are so many other variables that all need to be considered. The tanner stages calculator is what does this. If you are worried about not having the hair that everyone else has, don't worry, puberty will come along for everyone and advance eventually.

Hi! I'm Male|||17(I look young)|||Straight
I like to have a good convo or talk about anything, questions are my favorite. I enjoy meeting new people so message me anytime!
Justpassing12 is offline   Reply With Quote