Virtual Teen Forums

Go Back   Virtual Teen Forums > >
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Chat Room

Old September 3rd, 2016, 07:36 PM   #1
Mynameisdean

Default I think I got mugged off but I'm not sure

Hello,

So I withdrew 10 and I got on the train. I definitely remember having it on the train as I sat down most of the time and even if it dropped I think someone would have noticed it and alerted my attention to it anyway.

I got back home and realised I didn't have it at all and I was panicking! I honestly 'reversed' my walk home to see if I could find and I couldn't. My first thought was "I've lost it". Fuck. Great. But I've lost it and there is nothing I can do about it. Still annoyed but nothing I can do. But then, I thought I could have been mugged and I am honestly so worried about it because everyone got off when I did and the 'person that stole it' is highly likely to be local and live here. The 10, not so worried but its just the concept and if that person will target me, recognise me and do it again. But there is also the possibility I lost it as well. But the people around me were generally corporate / young educated / old people so I'm not sure, or at least I would have been alerted.

My worry has gone to the point of me requesting CCTV footage of myself on the train to see if I had lost it or been robbed! It sounds ridiculous but its calmed me down a bit. However, I think its highly unlikely they will give it to me as I don't really see CCTV cameras on trains anyway.

But this isn't the only problem, small things get me worried so much .
Mynameisdean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 3rd, 2016, 08:45 PM   #2
jamie_n5
VT Lover

jamie_n5's Forum Picture

Name: Jamie
Default Re: I think I got mugged off but I'm not sure

Where did you put the money after you withdrew it? I would think if you were mugged you would have seen the mugger. Or do you think that someone picked your pocket.

I am gay and happy with that.
I love talking to people very open & willing to listen.
I am also glad to try help with questions or problems.
Hit me up for anything. I promise I don't bite.
jamie_n5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 4th, 2016, 03:23 AM   #3
Mynameisdean

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamie_n View Post
Where did you put the money after you withdrew it? I would think if you were mugged you would have seen the mugger. Or do you think that someone picked your pocket.
I put it in my back pocket and I think someone picked my pocket rather than mugged me (maybe we use different terms).

But then again, there was a lot of people on there so I'm sure at least one of them alerted me? It may have happened when I was getting off the train but have no idea, I don't remember little things like this. I would have rather been 'mugged' in London or somewhere else, being 'mugged' in my local area makes everything scary to be honest.
Old September 4th, 2016, 06:14 AM   #4
Flapjack
Good Egg

Flapjack's Forum Picture

Dude I have done this so much xD I remember once I walked to my local shop from school to get some snacks and somehow on the way back I lost 10 xD (I didn't spend it on snacks). These things just happen buddy, I think I lost mine when I pulled my phone out of my pocket. Please don't worry too much

I'm a prettyyy awkward weeb that likes alcohol and punk rock :')
Flapjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 4th, 2016, 08:41 AM   #5
Mynameisdean

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flapjack View Post
Dude I have done this so much xD I remember once I walked to my local shop from school to get some snacks and somehow on the way back I lost 10 xD (I didn't spend it on snacks). These things just happen buddy, I think I lost mine when I pulled my phone out of my pocket. Please don't worry too much
This was my first time losing a money note so its just a bit worrying but I guess that's my lesson learned.
Old September 4th, 2016, 08:57 AM   #6
jamie_n5
VT Lover

jamie_n5's Forum Picture

Name: Jamie

Yeah it can happen to all of us. Maybe use your front pocket next time or invest in a wallet.

I am gay and happy with that.
I love talking to people very open & willing to listen.
I am also glad to try help with questions or problems.
Hit me up for anything. I promise I don't bite.
jamie_n5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 6th, 2016, 07:08 PM   #7
Microcosm
Awesome Poster

Microcosm's Forum Picture

Name: Dan

I feel kind of bad for letting this happen, but...

Once, I was collecting money for my team at school to fund raise for a tournament and someone gave me either ten or twenty dollars--I can't remember which. When I got home, it was like it had just disappeared. I felt terrible because that person really willingly gave me that money and I just lost it.

This stuff, unfortunately, does happen and it's tough, but the best thing to do is learn the lesson and move on. You probably didn't have it stolen. It likely just fell out of your pocket.
Microcosm is offline   Reply With Quote