Virtual Teen Forums

Go Back   Virtual Teen Forums > >
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Chat Room

Old September 5th, 2016, 10:58 AM   #1
Periphery
Professional Spivak

Periphery's Forum Picture

Default What the hell guys?

Alright, I'm wondering why all popular threads in the music forum and the white padded room just got moved to the arcade?

Why this is a bad thing: the music forum is dead now, it got killed and you know it's true.

White padded room isn't dead but will be way less active now.

Less people will bother to posts in these threads because they don't increase post count.

Look this may have just killed a big part of VT. People are and will get pissed over the fact their post count (which they worked hard on to get) just got raped right away. Allot of people won't care anymore, well welcome to GovTeen lads!

Look, why? Just why? If you want VT to be less spammy and less game forum like then why don't you move the threads WHEN THEY WERE MADE?

What's next guys? Move the non self harm callender and make it a forum game? It doesn't have discussions in it either right?

When you're taught to love everyone, to love your enemies, then what value does that place on love?
-Marilyn Manson

Android? We can't be friends sorry!!!!!
-Proof Bob is a peasant

~Richelle was here~
Periphery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 5th, 2016, 11:06 AM   #2
Amethyst Rose
The Fragile

Amethyst Rose's Forum Picture

Default Re: What the hell guys?

Holy shit, this is an outrage! I don't understand..... what's the reasoning behind this?

"To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world."
PM Me Ask Me [email protected]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desynchronized View Post
Gawd dammit the mods r so cruel.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Special One View Post
I just food and I still have a hungry.
Amethyst Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 5th, 2016, 11:07 AM   #3
devotionnel
VT Lover

devotionnel's Forum Picture

Name: shay

I don't get why this was done other than with a motive to kill some of the forums on here...

i feel your warmth / it feels like home
devotionnel ~ help and advice moderator
PM melast.fmVM me
21.12.16 <3

~Endeavour was here~
*Mars was here*
devotionnel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 5th, 2016, 11:12 AM   #4
Amethyst Rose
The Fragile

Quote:
Originally Posted by twentyonehorizons View Post
I don't get why this was done other than with a motive to kill some of the forums on here...
But why do that? Music and TWPR are two of my favorite forums tbh.

Edit: obviously something was moved back because my post count magically increased from 959 to 1,014...

Quote:
Quote:
Old September 5th, 2016, 11:15 AM   #5
Jinglebottom
Awesome Poster

Jinglebottom's Forum Picture

They're back... sorta.
Jinglebottom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 5th, 2016, 11:20 AM   #6
ImCoolBeans
Administrator

ImCoolBeans's Forum Picture

Name: Mike

I moved the threads back. I didn't realize that some people would lose upwards of 600 posts. I do think that spamming in those threads is a serious problem. I don't think that updating what you've had to drink 6 times in a day is really contributing to anything other than a post count game. The threads will remain back in their sections, but going forward if the threads are being spammed posts may be merged.

Always here to help. Don't hesitate to PM me.

Machines Are Taking Over
-Ron
-and also Beth, with Max too
Contact me at [email protected]
Jon was here
"The Goderator" Worshiper
*Ali*-
Officially blessed by Elysium, The Goderator
ImCoolBeans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 5th, 2016, 03:13 PM   #7
Flapjack
Good Egg

Flapjack's Forum Picture

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImCoolBeans View Post
I moved the threads back. I didn't realize that some people would lose upwards of 600 posts. I do think that spamming in those threads is a serious problem. I don't think that updating what you've had to drink 6 times in a day is really contributing to anything other than a post count game. The threads will remain back in their sections, but going forward if the threads are being spammed posts may be merged.
Why not just lock the current ones being spammed and move future spamy threads to the arcade??:')

I'm a prettyyy awkward weeb that likes alcohol and punk rock :')
Flapjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 5th, 2016, 06:07 PM   #8
PlasmaHam
Awesome Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flapjack View Post
Why not just lock the current ones being spammed and move future spamy threads to the arcade??:')
For once, I agree with Flapjack. Certain threads in some forums, like almost all the 'Last thing you ____' threads, are really just for spammers who want an easy way to gain posts. So I'm fine with those and similar ones being locked, and then create new copies in the arcade. That way, people won't lose their post count(why so protective of post count?), and spammers will no longer be able to exploit those threads.

That move may discourage honest people from posting, but it will also help clean up the site, and keep the post system fair.

Last edited by PlasmaHam; September 5th, 2016 at 08:29 PM.
PlasmaHam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 5th, 2016, 06:27 PM   #9
Amethyst Rose
The Fragile

@PlasmaHam I agree with you about moving the 'last thing you ...' threads to the arcade.

@ImCoolBeans I understand what you're saying about the spamming in some popular threads in The White Padded Room and Music, but I don't think they belong in the Arcade. My reasoning is this: posts in threads such as "The Official Send a Message Thread", "Say Exactly What's on Your Mind" and "Favorite Lyric from the Last Song You Listened To" have emotional ties. There can be some really serious stuff in those threads and to put them in the Arcade wouldn't make sense, as games are put there and I know I and other users have written posts in some of those frequented threads that aren't something to make light of. So I'm glad they were returned to their original forums. Threads such as "Last Thing You Ate"/"Last Thing You Drank" would be better off in the arcade because the replies there are well... just there. They don't have much significance or reason except contributing to post count.

Sorry, I know this was a little long-winded, that's just my thoughts.

Quote:
Quote:

Last edited by Amethyst Rose; September 5th, 2016 at 06:57 PM.
Old September 5th, 2016, 08:25 PM   #10
Harley Quinn
Puddin'

Harley Quinn's Forum Picture

Name: Siobhan

Quote:

Why this is a bad thing: the music forum is dead now, it got killed and you know it's true.

Less people will bother to posts in these threads because they don't increase post count.

Look this may have just killed a big part of VT. People are and will get pissed over the fact their post count (which they worked hard on to get) just got raped right away. Allot of people won't care anymore, well welcome to GovTeen lads!

Look, why? Just why? If you want VT to be less spammy and less game forum like then why don't you move the threads WHEN THEY WERE MADE?

What's next guys? Move the non self harm callender and make it a forum game? It doesn't have discussions in it either right?
Its pure spam posts, they aren't moved when they're made due to the fact that perhaps no one actually realised that the threads would actually turn into such a spam fest. There's posting to actually post something useful and then there's posting to increase count. The music section is always dead, that's not even a valid point. People will get pissed over anything on this forum nowadays, post count should not be one of them. Self harm calendar is 10000000000% different, that can't even be compared to the majority of threads or sections you're talking about. Post count means absolutely nothing when it comes to this site, it's a help site not a game site or anything of that nature and I wish people would actually realise that.

Be not afraid of greatness; some are born great, some achieve greatness, and some have greatness thrust upon them.

[Emerald Dream] if I had a 30 minute orgasm, I would probably need to sleep for a week

~Stevennn

*Ali*
Harley Quinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 5th, 2016, 10:04 PM   #11
Dalcourt
VT Lover

Dalcourt's Forum Picture

Name: Peanut

I agree that most of the last thing you... are game and spam threads.
But to say all the music threads are too is kinda unfair. For a lot of people (including me) music has a therapeutic function to some extend. Posting about songs and song lyrics that are meaningful to you is not just spam.
Moving all these things to the arcade would kinda trivialize music threads then for those people and maybe make them feel stupid to post so much there even it might be as important to them as the let's say No self-harm calendar.
It's a help site so if music helps some people why take that away from them?
Just because some people use it to increase their post count whereas the millionth thread about dick size and masturbating in the puberty section can happily be used to spam around?
Dalcourt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 5th, 2016, 10:40 PM   #12
Desynchronized
Member+

Desynchronized's Forum Picture

Name: Jason

I agree @Peanut_ music might help some people and is much more meaningful and emotional to them. But the last thing you ate/drank, last game you played and some such threads should be locked and made a new one at arcade.

I am not a member of any organized political party. I am a Democrat.
-Will Rogers
Desynchronized is offline   Reply With Quote