Go Back   Virtual Teen Forums > >
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Chat Room

Old August 27th, 2016, 08:53 PM   #1
ethan-s
Member++

Name: see username
Default New board

Hey guys.

So basically I and others are getting fed up with the constant stream of Dick size surveys on the p101 general discussion board. Imo, legit questions and real discussion get buried by polls. What do you all think about making a board just for surveys?

Ethan
ethan-s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 27th, 2016, 09:45 PM   #2
Flapjack
Good Egg

Flapjack's Forum Picture

Default Re: New board

There is no point buddy, there is already a thread for all masturbation questions, all cut/ uncut questions and all penis size questions.

I think a few things can be done such as wording the rules more loosely to give mods more freedom in banning the obvious sexual stuff and allowing all mods to mod everywhere. I don't see the point in having mods for specific sections for a site as small as this.

I'm a prettyyy awkward weeb that likes alcohol and punk rock :')
Flapjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 28th, 2016, 12:41 AM   #3
Periphery
Professional Spivak

Periphery's Forum Picture

Aka Puberty For All

When you're taught to love everyone, to love your enemies, then what value does that place on love?
-Marilyn Manson

Android? We can't be friends sorry!!!!!
-Proof Bob is a peasant

~Richelle was here~
Periphery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 28th, 2016, 01:58 AM   #4
Desynchronized
Member+

Desynchronized's Forum Picture

Name: Jason

There is puberty for all.

I am not a member of any organized political party. I am a Democrat.
-Will Rogers
Desynchronized is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 28th, 2016, 05:46 AM   #5
lliam
Awesome Poster

lliam's Forum Picture

Name: Liam

imo just ignore those threads, if they bother you. It's easy to do so.

"Life is that prison you'll never leave alive."

lliam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 28th, 2016, 06:17 AM   #6
Endeavour
Global Moderator

Endeavour's Forum Picture

Quote:
Originally Posted by ethan-s View Post
Hey guys.

So basically I and others are getting fed up with the constant stream of Dick size surveys on the p101 general discussion board. Imo, legit questions and real discussion get buried by polls. What do you all think about making a board just for surveys?

Ethan
Well that's what the P101 for all board is for. Pretty much everything in there is a survey.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flapjack View Post

... allowing all mods to mod everywhere. I don't see the point in having mods for specific sections for a site as small as this.
I think they actually tried that a few years back.

Global Moderator
live a life you will remember

Feel free to contact me: PM [email protected]
Visit: Path to the Horizon Ask Me Anything
Endeavour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 28th, 2016, 06:19 AM   #7
Flapjack
Good Egg

Flapjack's Forum Picture

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost Horizon View Post
I think they actually tried that a few years back.
Do you know why they stopped it? I really don't see the point of only having some mods be global when there is not enough mods and the site is so small.

Old August 28th, 2016, 07:01 AM   #8
Endeavour
Global Moderator

Endeavour's Forum Picture

Quote:
Do you know why they stopped it? I really don't see the point of only having some mods be global when there is not enough mods and the site is so small.
It was 2010 (ages ago, under the old admin) the only thing I could find about it was here http://www.virtualteen.org/forums/sh...ad.php?t=62575

Global Moderator
live a life you will remember

Feel free to contact me: PM [email protected]
Visit: Path to the Horizon Ask Me Anything
Endeavour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 28th, 2016, 07:14 AM   #9
Flapjack
Good Egg

Flapjack's Forum Picture

Quote:
It was 2010 (ages ago, under the old admin) the only thing I could find about it was here http://www.virtualteen.org/forums/sh...ad.php?t=62575
Hmm so they done it for basically the same reasons I'm suggesting it for but why did they remove it? I'll look into it and see if I can find a second announcement

Old August 28th, 2016, 07:18 AM   #10
azure moonstone
glowing

azure moonstone's Forum Picture

Name: Allison

Quote:
I don't think that's ever been the case, and if it has - it was a very long time ago. You must be thinking of somewhere else. If you're interested in why the staff is set up the way it is, I'd probably PM an administrator. Normally I am all for making a thread about it, but there's probably only a few people that can rightfully answer that. I have my own opinions, of course but it's not my place to speak for an admin or the owner of this forum.

Back to being on-topic... @ethan-s like others have said, we have all of our actual surveys and polls in the Puberty for All forum (as a rule, we'll move them there if they aren't already). I agree with you that some important questions may not get the attention they deserve - and I don't know if you're concerned
with the amount of "am I big enough?" threads in Puberty for Boys, or the surveys overall in Puberty for All. I can't say that we need another section, because we have a section already. I hear what you're saying, though.

Quote:
Adding to my post - I wasn't aware of this, and i don't think it must have lasted very long, or worked out the way they hoped. I came to VT in 2012, after lurking for a bit...and it was set up the way it is now. I also know that before this, from looking at older threads as well - the staff was set up differently, but was also sectioned off....even more than it is now. We used to have moderators just for the Puberty sections, and just for the Psych sections, etc...

Either way, lets get back on topic We're hijacking someone's thread and that's not very nice.

Last edited by azure moonstone; August 28th, 2016 at 07:23 AM. Reason: more efficient
azure moonstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 28th, 2016, 07:23 AM   #11
Flapjack
Good Egg

Flapjack's Forum Picture

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emerald Dream View Post
Either way, lets get back on topic
Got it xD What do you think about my earlier suggestion of loosening up the rules so mods will have more freedom to remove content that is obviously sexual stuff hiding behind puberty questions?

Old August 28th, 2016, 07:28 AM   #12
azure moonstone
glowing

azure moonstone's Forum Picture

Name: Allison

Quote:
Got it xD What do you think about my earlier suggestion of loosening up the rules so mods will have more freedom to remove content that is obviously sexual stuff hiding behind puberty questions?
You're preaching to the choir with that one I think there are way too many inappropriate things being posted under the guise of "puberty" myself, for the sole purpose of trying to circumvent the rules or bait for sexchat. However, we try to give the benefit of the doubt in a lot of cases (this has been debated). Unfortunately, we can't just delete/infract/ban just because we think something is going on or is intended. Trust me, members who come off as being overly inappropriate or sketchy are definitely looked into. Myself and the rest of the staff are looking out for the safety of the members here, but we do need actual proof - otherwise we're then handing out unfair discipline/warns/etc

Last edited by azure moonstone; August 28th, 2016 at 07:34 AM.
azure moonstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 29th, 2016, 05:24 AM   #13
Gumleaf
Former Whatever

Gumleaf's Forum Picture

Name: Stephen

Quote:
The administration in early 2010 thought it would be a good idea to trial this. For whatever reason and I can't remember why, it was discontinued only a few weeks/months afterwards.

stephen

Always Hawthorn

Hawthorn Football Club

Strong As One

~Laura was here~
~Jessi should have been here~
Gumleaf is offline   Reply With Quote