Virtual Teen Forums
 

Go Back   Virtual Teen Forums > >
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Chat Room

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old August 1st, 2016, 08:44 AM   #1
Skylark
Member++
 
Skylark's Forum Picture
 
Join Date: December 6, 2015
Age: 15
Gender: Male
Default Mismatched emotions and situations

I've been finding that I've had several weird reactions to situations; emotions that didn't match with the circumstances. I had two cats, let's call them Cat X and Cat Y. Last year X was very nearly hit by a car, and when he ran up to me after his near-death experience, I'm not ashamed to say I broke down crying. I have absolutely no idea why. They weren't tears of joy; in fact, I felt sad at that point. Nine months later, Cat Y was hit by a car. When I found her laying there, I didn't feel sad or angry; I was afraid. I was gripped with a primal fear. I couldn't manage to choke out a word, I was so terrified. I still have no idea why that happened. Do you think this has to do with a chemical imbalance in the brain or something?

14 | M | Bi | PM me, I don't bite....that much
Skylark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 1st, 2016, 01:01 PM   #2
Flapjack
Good Egg
 
Flapjack's Forum Picture
 
Join Date: May 20, 2016
Gender: Male
Default Re: Mismatched emotions and situations

I honestly have no idea buddy? I am just posting to say that you should take all online medical advice with a pinch of salt and to see a doctor I hope that if there is a problem, you get better soon


I'm a prettyyy awkward weeb that likes alcohol and punk rock :')
Flapjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 1st, 2016, 01:29 PM   #3
jamie_n5
VT Lover
 
jamie_n5's Forum Picture
 
Name: Jamie
Join Date: June 27, 2016
Location: Minnesota
Age: 19
Gender: Male
Blog Entries: 2
Default Re: Mismatched emotions and situations

No I think that you are fine. I think that the first incident you cried because you felt what could have happened. The second incident I think you were in shock as to what had just taken place. We all react to situations differently. There is no right or wrong way to react. Again I don't think anything is wrong with you.

I am gay and happy with that.
I love talking to people very open & willing to listen.
I am also glad to try help with questions or problems.
Hit me up for anything. I promise I don't bite.
jamie_n5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 2nd, 2016, 08:39 AM   #4
Skylark
Member++
 
Skylark's Forum Picture
 
Join Date: December 6, 2015
Age: 15
Gender: Male
Default Re: Mismatched emotions and situations

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamie_n View Post
No I think that you are fine. I think that the first incident you cried because you felt what could have happened. The second incident I think you were in shock as to what had just taken place. We all react to situations differently. There is no right or wrong way to react. Again I don't think anything is wrong with you.
You know, that's probably it.











I overreact to everything, don't I?

14 | M | Bi | PM me, I don't bite....that much
Likes: (1)
Skylark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 2nd, 2016, 11:16 AM   #5
Just JT
sure, ask, dare you
 
Just JT's Forum Picture
 
Name: JT
Join Date: June 27, 2015
Location: Kingdom of God
Gender: Male
Blog Entries: 4
Default Re: Mismatched emotions and situations

I agree with Jamie_n and I don't think you over reacted at all. You could have the same type of experience 100 days in a row (ok, extreme example I no) and react somewhat differently everytime. There's so many things that go into how you respond. Maybe how you slept, how hungry you are, are you already feeling sad, happy, mad, or what ever. So I don't think I'd be running off to the pharmacy looking to balance some unbalanced what ever chemical or something. We're all changing as we grow, and hormones play a part to.

I'm sorry to hear about your cat by the way. I know how hard it is to lose family members like that. Even when they are pets, they mean so much don't they?
Just JT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 2nd, 2016, 12:12 PM   #6
Skylark
Member++
 
Skylark's Forum Picture
 
Join Date: December 6, 2015
Age: 15
Gender: Male
Default Re: Mismatched emotions and situations

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just JT View Post
I agree with Jamie_n and I don't think you over reacted at all. You could have the same type of experience 100 days in a row (ok, extreme example I no) and react somewhat differently everytime. There's so many things that go into how you respond. Maybe how you slept, how hungry you are, are you already feeling sad, happy, mad, or what ever. So I don't think I'd be running off to the pharmacy looking to balance some unbalanced what ever chemical or something. We're all changing as we grow, and hormones play a part to.

I'm sorry to hear about your cat by the way. I know how hard it is to lose family members like that. Even when they are pets, they mean so much don't they?
I doubt I need medication for it. It's ok, she's been gone a year now. They do mean a lot though.

14 | M | Bi | PM me, I don't bite....that much
Skylark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 2nd, 2016, 01:42 PM   #7
Just JT
sure, ask, dare you
 
Just JT's Forum Picture
 
Name: JT
Join Date: June 27, 2015
Location: Kingdom of God
Gender: Male
Blog Entries: 4
Default Re: Mismatched emotions and situations

I know, was just using as an example is all. Meds suck
Just JT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 2nd, 2016, 11:18 PM   #8
Periphery
Professional Spivak
 
Periphery's Forum Picture
 
Join Date: June 9, 2014
Location: Outside of your window in the middle of the night
Gender: Undisclosed
Default Re: Mismatched emotions and situations

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skylark View Post
I doubt I need medication for it. It's ok, she's been gone a year now. They do mean a lot though.
Your reaction was completely normal to be honest. Everyone will react differently to these type of situations, crying is completely natural. Don't worry about this too much as you're completely fine.

When you're taught to love everyone, to love your enemies, then what value does that place on love?
-Marilyn Manson

Android? We can't be friends sorry!!!!!
-Proof Bob is a peasant

~Richelle was here~
Likes: (1)
Periphery is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:25 AM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright©2000 - 2017
Search Engine Optimisation provided by DragonByte SEO (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright 2004 - 2017, VirtualTeen.org