Virtual Teen Forums

Go Back   Virtual Teen Forums > >
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Chat Room [1]

Old July 25th, 2016, 05:55 PM   #1
Kawaii Bean

Kawaii Bean's Forum Picture

Name: Amani
Default How can I help my friend understand that her life isn't worth losing over a break up?

She and one of my other friends began dating some months ago, maybe about 6 months. They are lesbians, to be more clear of the relationship. Earlier today they had a break up, Friend #1 dumped Friend #2. #2 is telling me about this and saying that she wants to die. She is suicidal and has been cutting herself for as long as I've known her, so this is a bad sign. I reply to her, saying (with no intentions to insult her, but as a serious question) "Over a breakup?" and then she goes off on me, saying that #1 was all she lived for and that she had went through a lot of stuff and that #1 helped her with coping. I totally understand this, but I keep on telling her that throwing her life away isn't how to deal with the break up. But now she feels there is no reason for her to live. Help???

P.S. I realized I should have put this in the self harm forum but I can't seem to delete this, so sorry if this question isn't for this forum

Last edited by Kawaii Bean; July 25th, 2016 at 06:07 PM.
Kawaii Bean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 27th, 2016, 05:52 AM   #2
Living For Love

Living For Love's Forum Picture

Name: Tiago
Default Re: How can I help my friend understand that her life isn't worth losing over a break

Relationships and Dating Cutting and Self Harm

Tiago | ♂ | 20 | PM | VM | Ask Me | Lonely Hearts Club

Help and Advice Moderator

~Mike was here~
Living For Love is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 27th, 2016, 10:42 AM   #3
Just JT
I give a actual fuck

Just JT's Forum Picture

Name: JT
Default Re: How can I help my friend understand that her life isn't worth losing over a break

Think you just need to be there for her and listen, be a good friend and let her vent a while. But if she starts doing something that's harmful you need to get some help for her, call someone or something
Just JT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 27th, 2016, 06:28 PM   #4
Abhorrence
Death

Abhorrence's Forum Picture

I'm going through a pretty shitty break-up and I'd say that the thing I'd want most is people close to me. Being there for someone is necessary and a good thing to do.

Nothing will be waiting for you at the end of this life.

Ask // Private Message
~Mike was here~
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elysium
Spooky scary labia
Abhorrence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 29th, 2016, 09:25 PM   #5
jamie_n5
VT Lover

jamie_n5's Forum Picture

Name: Jamie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just JT View Post
Think you just need to be there for her and listen, be a good friend and let her vent a while. But if she starts doing something that's harmful you need to get some help for her, call someone or something
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abhorrence View Post
I'm going through a pretty shitty break-up and I'd say that the thing I'd want most is people close to me. Being there for someone is necessary and a good thing to do.
I agree with both of these guys. It is a hard emotional thing to go through a breakup. Just be a good friend.

I am gay and happy with that.
I love talking to people very open & willing to listen.
I am also glad to try help with questions or problems.
Hit me up for anything. I promise I don't bite.
jamie_n5 is offline   Reply With Quote