Virtual Teen Forums

Go Back   Virtual Teen Forums > > >
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Chat Room

Old July 8th, 2016, 10:18 AM   #1
devotionnel

devotionnel's Forum Picture

Name: shay
Default On and off panic attacks

Okay, so over the last couple of days I've been having lots of panic attacks, all of a different severity at times. I've generally had to suppress them at school while I'm learning etc because I have a lot of tests coming up so I can't afford to miss them. But the main problem is I don't really tend to have triggers anymore; seeing certain people or being put in certain situations used to just trigger them and I could tell when I was going to have one. Over the last couple of weeks they just come and go quickly for no reason, last about 15 minutes. They can range from a little shake and uneasiness to full out screaming fits and unable to move. Seemingly for no reason.

Is anyone else able to relate to these situations? What should my next move be in terms of school?

i feel your warmth / it feels like home
devotionnel ~ help and advice moderator
PM melast.fmVM me
21.12.16 <3

~Endeavour was here~
*Mars was here*
devotionnel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 8th, 2016, 01:33 PM   #2
Just JT
sure, ask, dare you

Just JT's Forum Picture

Name: JT
Default Re: On and off panic attacks

Yeah I can, triggers suck. But seems like you might be past the worst of them. When I first started dealing with triggers, it was all about identifying all of them. And that can be a lot. Even like categorize them into how severe they can make your experience with them be.
From there I are a plan, a plan of what to do when I encounter a trigger. That way, I could Linda avoid it. And as time went on, I could encounter the triggers, identify them, and either modify my plan, or delay starting it.
That just takes time.

Did you ever do the plan part?
Just JT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 8th, 2016, 02:26 PM   #3
devotionnel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just JT View Post
Yeah I can, triggers suck. But seems like you might be past the worst of them. When I first started dealing with triggers, it was all about identifying all of them. And that can be a lot. Even like categorize them into how severe they can make your experience with them be.
From there I are a plan, a plan of what to do when I encounter a trigger. That way, I could Linda avoid it. And as time went on, I could encounter the triggers, identify them, and either modify my plan, or delay starting it.
That just takes time.

Did you ever do the plan part?
Yeah, I've managed to plan out and cope with triggers over time and learn what makes me panic more severely than some of the triggers, which has overall been success and great thus far.

The problem is though, over the last couple weeks, I don't have any triggers. I just have screaming fits over nothing which seems to confuse me a lotttt.

PM melast.fmVM me
21.12.16 <3

~Endeavour was here~
*Mars was here*
Old July 8th, 2016, 02:53 PM   #4
Just JT
sure, ask, dare you

Just JT's Forum Picture

Name: JT

Something is triggering, you just can't identify it. It may be so far surprised it's to difficult to ID on your own
Just JT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 8th, 2016, 02:58 PM   #5
Flapjack
Good Egg

Flapjack's Forum Picture

Quote:
Originally Posted by twentyonehorizons View Post
Yeah, I've managed to plan out and cope with triggers over time and learn what makes me panic more severely than some of the triggers, which has overall been success and great thus far.

The problem is though, over the last couple weeks, I don't have any triggers. I just have screaming fits over nothing which seems to confuse me a lotttt.
I have a friend that has random panic attacks! As for what to do with school, could you let them know about it so you can leave a class and go somewhere for support if you have one?

I'm a prettyyy awkward weeb that likes alcohol and punk rock :')
Flapjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 8th, 2016, 11:33 PM   #6
devotionnel

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFlapjack View Post
I have a friend that has random panic attacks! As for what to do with school, could you let them know about it so you can leave a class and go somewhere for support if you have one?
To say the least it's been very confusing

I've tried to let them know about it, that having support or one of my close friends would be a good way to calm me down, but they don't really seem to get it. They say "No, we're taking you to student reception, they can't help you".

My school being great as per usual.

PM melast.fmVM me
21.12.16 <3

~Endeavour was here~
*Mars was here*
Old July 9th, 2016, 02:11 PM   #7
City Kid
Awesome Poster

City Kid's Forum Picture

Name: Sophie

Yep, I can totally relate.
One thing that really helps me is when I feel a panic attack coming, I try to say to myself that it's ok, that it sucks but it's gonna pass and I'm gonna survive it. I used to try to suppress it, but that only made it worse.

City Kid
MAD(D) | in recovery since February 2014

[email protected]

Help & Advice moderator

ヽ(ᴗ‿ᴗ)ノ
City Kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 9th, 2016, 05:10 PM   #8
Flapjack
Good Egg

Flapjack's Forum Picture

Quote:
Originally Posted by twentyonehorizons View Post
To say the least it's been very confusing

I've tried to let them know about it, that having support or one of my close friends would be a good way to calm me down, but they don't really seem to get it. They say "No, we're taking you to student reception, they can't help you".

My school being great as per usual.
How can student reception help you??XD

In my school when you have a panic attack or something like that they ask you if you have a friend you want to bring and then they take you to like special teachers to help you!

I'm a prettyyy awkward weeb that likes alcohol and punk rock :')
Flapjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 9th, 2016, 05:34 PM   #9
devotionnel

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFlapjack View Post
In my school when you have a panic attack or something like that they ask you if you have a friend you want to bring and then they take you to like special teachers to help you!
I honestly wished it was like that, it would've been so much easier and I would've gotten better a lot quicker imo