Virtual Teen Forums

Go Back   Virtual Teen Forums > > >
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Chat Room

Old June 26th, 2016, 01:38 PM   #1
Dalcourt

Dalcourt's Forum Picture

Name: Peanut
Default Beginning of a manic episode

I was doing really okay for quite a while (guess it was some hypomania state) now I'm feeling a new manic episode coming.
Usually it starts with not needing any sleep which I have now for more than a week.
I'm on a vacation trip and getting in this crazy reckless state is really really bad.
Of course I'm really fun to be with atm...I'm talking, joking drinkna lot and have a really high sex drive...
But yeah in reality it's no fun at all...and I often do things I regret afterwards . I'm thinking about just getting back home and let the others do their road trip undisturbed. But I'm not sure if getting back home alone is a good idea either....well I will think it is soon and leave alone and end up in Los Angeles for all I know.

Shit,why must this be happening??

End of rant.
Dalcourt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 26th, 2016, 03:51 PM   #2
Just JT
sure, ask, dare you

Just JT's Forum Picture

Name: JT
Default Re: Beginning of a manic episode

Good question bro, is there something that happened that mighta caused you to feel like this?
Anything I can do bro?
Just JT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 26th, 2016, 04:23 PM   #3
Endeavour
Global Moderator

Endeavour's Forum Picture

Hi there,

I agree with what JT has said above, finding out any triggers that are making you feel like this will definitely help you. Also, hearing that you aren't getting any sleep worries me slightly. Getting the right amount of sleep is very important , especially when you are a teenager. Even if it is just for an hour or two some sleep is better than none.

Don't forget if you need anymore help you can always reply to us here ok?

Global Moderator
live a life you will remember

Feel free to contact me: PM [email protected]
Visit: Path to the Horizon Ask Me Anything
Endeavour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 26th, 2016, 10:04 PM   #4
Dalcourt

Dalcourt's Forum Picture

Name: Peanut

Well finding what triggers my manic behaviour is always my problem... I know what triggers depression but in this case it's very complex.
I guess it started a while ago. I had to take meds for some health problem and they somehow didn't agree with my mood stabilisers. As I was doing really good my doc thought it save to temporarily reduce them...I started to mess up the pattern of taking them...forgot them and then didn't take them at all...
A huge problem for me is breaking routines...no matter if good or bad things outside the routine are always triggers. And well no school and being on a road trip is definitely breaking my daily routine. I guess my dad made a huge mistake in allowing me on this trip with those other guys.
Here I am now...I feel that it gets increasingly complicated to think rational thoughts. So I decided to stay back at the motel tonight while the others party.
I can't focus anymore on one thing at a time...and seem to have thousands of things on my mind I want to do.
I'm just not sure if I can keep myself together and don't do stupid things. I just don't want to ruin the trip for the others some way or other.
But I don't want to phone my Dad to come and get me either.
Dalcourt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 26th, 2016, 10:18 PM   #5
Just JT
sure, ask, dare you

Just JT's Forum Picture

Name: JT

Ok, so I hate taking meds to, and I'm not guna get on you about that cause it's not guna do anything right now

So just try and relax, watch tv, keep your thoughts off those bad things the best you can. I know it's not the best deal, but try. I know you can do it.

If it does get real bad, your guna have to do something to help yourself though before you do something stupid.

So let's talk about what's guna be ok?
What available to you if you need something more?
Just JT is offline   Reply With Quote