Virtual Teen Forums

Go Back   Virtual Teen Forums > >
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Chat Room

Old June 8th, 2016, 03:02 PM   #1
Matryoshkasystem

Name: Thane
Default Stress destroying my mind

Even though the medicine has gotten rid of my anxiety, and depression. I still have tons of stress-possibly left over-, and I just feel like my mind is beggining to break. I'm trying so hard to keep myself together, but it just creates more stress, which in turn makes it worse, its just an endless loop. I can't tell my parents, they'll just get angry and say nothing is wrong. Cause apparently delusions of people dying are normal, eat a lot and then have to get rid of it is normal, etc. Sorry if this is annoying,I know I need to just deal with it but im reaching my limit.
Matryoshkasystem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 8th, 2016, 03:12 PM   #2
BrokenWingedPegasus

BrokenWingedPegasus's Forum Picture

Name: Tiago
Default Re: Stress destroying my mind

I can kind of understand how you feel. Sometimes I get really stressed and I can't think properly, only terrible things come up to my mind and I feel like crap. It's also like an endless loop too, since I try 'responding' to the things in my mind to make me feel better, but it only makes me feel worse too. The best thing to do that is the only thing I know that helps me feel better is getting distracted, like sometimes when talking to someone, being with friends or watching a video.
BrokenWingedPegasus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 13th, 2016, 09:49 AM   #3
Microcosm
Awesome Poster

Microcosm's Forum Picture

Name: Dan

@RandomPanda,

Maybe you've just gotta get out and have some fun, maybe go on a vacation?

Also, you're totally not alone. Just the other day I was having a full-on panic attack for little to no reason. I was driving which made me stressed and then all of a sudden I just started panicking very badly.

For me, part of the solution is just leaving your comfort zone(which might mean your room). Getting out of the house can help a lot and staying in a confined area and not getting out and accomplishing anything will make your mind feel stale and like it needs to compensate, so it will start making you stress out.

You could try learning a new skill like programming or a new language.

As for your parents, try not to get stressed with their responses. That will only make it worse. If they aren't going to listen no matter what you say, then you'll have to go it alone or with friends. If you've got some supportive friends to help, that would be good.
Microcosm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 13th, 2016, 11:13 AM   #4
Endeavour
Global Moderator

Endeavour's Forum Picture

Hi there @RandomPanda,

If you feel like you can't tell your parents, try telling your thoughts and feelings to people you know and trust (for example your teachers at school).

I completely agree with what Dan ( @Microcosm ) has said above.

It will be very beneficial to leave your comfort zone- as Brian Tracy (a inspirational speaker) once said: You will only grow if you are willing to feel awkward and uncomfortable as you try something new.

Simply isolating yourself from the real world will not make matters better in any way.

Also try to keep your mind occupied, if you're doing nothing for a long time your mind will just start thinking about stress; so try going out with your friends for example. When I get stressed, I find using one of those stress ball things quite useful, so maybe you could try that?

Hope I helped in some way, and I hope you get better soon

Global Moderator
live a life you will remember

Feel free to contact me: PM [email protected]
Visit: Path to the Horizon Ask Me Anything
Endeavour is online now   Reply With Quote