Virtual Teen Forums

Go Back   Virtual Teen Forums > >
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Chat Room

View Poll Results: Should the chatroom come back?
Yes 27 93.10%
No 2 6.90%
Voters: 29. You may not vote on this poll

Old May 28th, 2016, 07:17 AM   #21
Elysium
Global Moderator

Elysium's Forum Picture

Default Re: Chatroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Special One View Post
Let's see if this get's removed aswell for no reason.

Also, @xXl0sth0peXx @Giygas @Typhlosion @Elysium I have one final question for you all, just one.

Why are extremely explicit puberty threads just thrown in the archives and locked but not removed
Some are deleted. But usually because 1. it's not hurting anyone to read, but they're not discussions we want to encourage or foster, 2. it's an example to other members of the kind of things we don't want them talking about, and 3. people who've responded to the thread don't lose posts and don't wonder what happened. If any other moderators have any other reasons for doing what they do, they're welcome to offer them. Those are just mine.
Quote:
why do some people who are massive assholes on all their posts don't have their posts removed if they offend people?
You're welcome to report anyone who you think is out of line, but we try to maintain a balance between unnecessary and hateful behavior and people expressing the opinion that they're entitled to (yes, even if it's offensive to others).
Quote:
Why do some obvious troll acounts last so long?
What may be "obvious" to you looks entirely different on our end. Besides, I believe in giving the benefit of the doubt so I consider people innocent until proven guilty. We also don't catch everything and anything that happens on the site, there only being so many of us with other things that occupy our time. Hence, reporting. Please do so.
Quote:
Now think about this, and now tell me why @Body odah Man had 2 posts in both chatroom threads where he just said "Yeah I would love the chatroom back" removed without warning? Without reason? He wasn't off topic, he said nothing wrong and just said he would like the chatroom back. Like, I just don't see what he did wrong.
That's quite frankly none of your business and doesn't concern you in the least. If he's curious, he's welcome to PM a moderator or administrator himself.

Global Moderator
My Diary
“Everything was beautiful and nothing hurt.”
- Kurt Vonnegut, Slaughterhouse Five

PM me FAQ
[email protected]
“The Goderator”
~Mike was here~
*Ali*
val
~Steven~
Elysium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 28th, 2016, 09:13 AM   #22
Sonicomsk

Sonicomsk's Forum Picture

Name: Oleg

Quote:
The reason why we haven't gone back to addonchat is because Apple stopped supporting Java
Quote:
It wasn't closed because of lack of moderation, but because Java is no longer supported on chrome and a lot of people use chrome.
Quote:
mac doesn't really support Java anymore
sorry for the dumb question, but isn't there any html5 chat sources?

cyka blyat
Sonicomsk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 28th, 2016, 06:05 PM   #23
Just JT
I give a actual fuck

Just JT's Forum Picture

Name: JT

Just my opinion here from a user who can see some similarities I've experienced

Yes, the costs associated with maintaining a forum like this is expensive, and is usually maintained by people who truly care about its users. That being said, yeah, there cheaper shit out there. But you get what you pay for. Ive done some reading about new regulations for forums and security measures that are needed to be in place to maintain confidentiality. That's has a cost to it. Especially when we're kids.

Not sure if you guys are in other forums or not, but, these are very similar issues that has caused other forums to close, or just become so insecure, and inactive, it's not only sad, but sick. Ive seen one that's been around a long time close up because of how the laws are now and they weren't able to comply, and keep people safe. And another, simmilar to VT, paid for by individuals, pretty much has lost their entire user base because of what seems to be a lack of admins involvement leading to an entire user group loosing interest and run amuck. So we're are very fortunate to have this place, and we should all be thankful and appreciative to all the staff who work it and keep it open and safe for is to use, for free, just like their time.

That being said, yeah, so they have adult lives and adult responsibilities, this is not their number 1 priority in life. We are, and should not be that #1 priority. Sure, I'm sure a lot of guys want chat back. I want a car for my 16th birthday, I want my family back, I want a lot of shit that's just not guna happen.

So we just need to relax let them do their job and be patient, it'll get done when it gets done. So just be thankful that that's all you want.
Just JT is offline   Reply With Quote