Virtual Teen Forums

Go Back   Virtual Teen Forums > >
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Chat Room

Old May 24th, 2016, 12:11 PM   #1
Amazon Alpha

Default How do you deal with feelings of envy?

I admit at school sometimes I feel envious of certain people. A lot of these people have girlfriends and go out to parties and look like they are having great times. I'm an introvert so parties aren't really my thing and plus I'm kinda shy around girls and I did used to have a crush, but it didn't go so well. I really dislike these feelings of envy and it makes me feel terrible about myself, so what's the best way to deal with it?
Amazon Alpha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 25th, 2016, 10:25 AM   #2
Just JT
VT Lover

Just JT's Forum Picture

Name: JT
Default Re: How do you deal with feelings of envy?

I make a point to talk to people. I'm a pretty social person, so that comes pretty easy to me. But talking about my problems, that's hard for me. It's hard because they are usually pretty complicated for me to figure out on my own. So I need to force myself to talk to someone I trust on the topic I'm dealing with. It's isually pretty personal, and sometimes painful, but it gets easier in time to talk the more I do it
Just JT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 26th, 2016, 09:20 AM   #3
JordanB777
Banned

Name: Jordan
Default Re: How do you deal with feelings of envy?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amazon Alpha View Post
I admit at school sometimes I feel envious of certain people. A lot of these people have girlfriends and go out to parties and look like they are having great times. I'm an introvert so parties aren't really my thing and plus I'm kinda shy around girls and I did used to have a crush, but it didn't go so well. I really dislike these feelings of envy and it makes me feel terrible about myself, so what's the best way to deal with it?
I so relate to what you are saying, man. I'm exactly the same. I wish I was one of those people where socializing came really easy to me and I was well liked. I'm also an introvert and have some emotional problems too so people don't always relate to me and just default to the "oh he's just weird" thing. I try to be confident and outgoing but it usually backfires and I get nervous and then.... people feel awkward at best and it sort of triggers my emotional problems. I so know where you're coming from.

I wish I had an answer to your question. I guess we just have to learn to like ourselves for who we are and try to remember what's good about ourselves and our lives so not to feel too envious. I know it's easier said than done though. Maybe remember that they make look happy and confident on the outside, but you don't know their inner life or their life at home. It may be way worse than what we have and we would never know. We can only judge by what we see on the outside. I'm not always successful at practicing what I preach but it's what i've learned in counseling. *shrug*

Good luck, man. VP me anytime if you want to talk. I so know how you feel.
JordanB777 is offline   Reply With Quote