Virtual Teen Forums

Go Back   Virtual Teen Forums > >
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Chat Room

Old March 20th, 2016, 08:08 PM   #1
LunaHermione

LunaHermione's Forum Picture

Name: Amy
Default Confusion

I've been self harming for 5 years now, and in my experience, when I first started, that was when I experimented with different ways of harming myself to find the method I liked best. But lately I've started putting cigarettes out on myself. I never used to do that, just cut. And I still do cut so I'm not sure as to why I keep getting the urge to put my cigarettes out on myself. I was just wondering if this was normal, I mean if anyone else has experienced harming themselves in a different way than they have for the past however many years. Because I don't get why I'm doing this now, the first year of harming myself was when I found the method I liked best. And I don't get why now I've suddenly taken to a completely different way of harming myself.

My wish to die is as pervasive as a dial tone; You lift the reciever, it's always there.
LunaHermione is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 21st, 2016, 09:33 PM   #2
thatgothgirluknow
Great Poster

thatgothgirluknow's Forum Picture

Name: Jade/jordan
Default Re: Confusion

honestly when i first started hurting myself it was as simple as digging my nails into my skin over the years i started to cut then i got the urge to burn and i did i honestly think that a huge part of cutting is the fear and excitement of it and over time i think that i needed to change it up a little bit because maybe i got used to it i found that after i stopped cutting for a while those urges to burn mostly went away

u know u love the goth girl

do not live to survive but to thrive and secede

<font color=SlateGray><font size=5>BUTTERFLIES</font></font>
the rain comes before the rainbow
thatgothgirluknow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 24th, 2016, 09:19 PM   #3
Irishperson15
Nice Poster

Default Re: Confusion

Amy please don't do this. There is enough hardship, grief and loss on the world that will be thrown at you without the need for you to inflict physical pain on yourself. This might be easy for me to say as I don't self-harm but I've been in a dark spot once or twice before. Please stop. Look at yourself. You are beautiful and you are unique. You are not like me or anyone else, Amy, because you are you. You are good at what you are good at and you are beautiful for being the way you are. But please. Whether it be something small or something serious that causes you physical or emotional pain, you need to be there for yourself. If you are not there for yourself then who else can be? You are your own best friend and you just stand up when times are tough. It isn't always easy but don't let defeat look you in the eyes and force you into submission. State him out and don't give in. If you can get through this you can get through anything Amy. Head up.

If i agreed with you, then we would both be wrong

Sweet dreams are made of cheese, who am I to dis a brie?

Message if you want a chat
Irishperson15 is offline   Reply With Quote