Virtual Teen Forums
 

Go Back   Virtual Teen Forums > >
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Chat Room

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old January 15th, 2016, 11:28 AM   #21
Zachary G
VT Lover
 
Zachary G's Forum Picture
 
Name: zacahary
Join Date: January 20, 2014
Location: Westminster
Age: 18
Gender: Male
Blog Entries: 3
Default Re: Attractiveness

People who only judge you by your appearance are superficial and not the kind of people you would want to be with anyway. There is more to you than just what people see, you have a personality, I am sure a sense of humor, a good heart, and so much more that make you whole. There is someone out there for you, who will appreciate you for the whole person you are and not just part of you. Dont stress it, just continue to be yourself, there arent a lot of people out here in the world who know how to do that. You are who you are and there is no changing that, appreciate it and own it.

18/ M/ Gay/ nudist
Talk to or ask me about anything, anytime and I will reply.

"We have nothing to fear, but fear itself." - FDR
Zachary G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 19th, 2016, 09:35 AM   #22
Meamo
Member
 
Join Date: December 17, 2014
Age: 20
Gender: Male
Default Re: Attractiveness

Personality is what's actually important. Not your penis length or whatever. You want a girl who loves you for you, not what you look like. So don't kill urself trying to get abs and muscles for a girl, just be urself and someday a girl will come. Just be patient

"Your time is limited, so dont waste it living someone elses life"
- Steve Jobs
Meamo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 31st, 2016, 10:52 PM   #23
Snazzler
Junior Member+
 
Name: Brayden
Join Date: July 5, 2015
Gender: Male
Default Re: Attractiveness

Quote:
Originally Posted by thatonekidjacob View Post
That you're cute?
Yeah, thats what they say.
Snazzler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 2nd, 2016, 11:08 PM   #24
angelina
Member++
 
angelina's Forum Picture
 
Join Date: November 23, 2015
Location: UK
Gender: Female
Blog Entries: 2
Default Re: Attractiveness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snazzler View Post
I feel like I can be more confident and that someone will like me anyhow.
Yeah...you should be more confident...more over you know very well that there is no marketing strategy for getting LOVE from a girl and vice-versa...good luck

angelina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 3rd, 2016, 12:17 AM   #25
West Coast Sheriff
Legendery Veteran
 
West Coast Sheriff's Forum Picture
 
Name: F.
Join Date: July 17, 2012
Location: Southern California
Age: 19
Gender: Male
Default Re: Attractiveness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snazzler View Post
With our world, how would somone (like me) find someone right for them when people just don't call you attractive. The only thing people have really liked about me are my personality and eyes. I'm pretty skinny, and don't have ripped abs and whatnot like a lot of people like. It's troubling.
Honestly, I feel bad for attractive people or anyone with a remotely decent body. We will lose their bodies as we age. Physical beauty becomes obsolete. However, our personalities will remain. Also, if someone has a bad personality, people will not want to be around them.

Remember that your body will grow old and in 40 years, we will all be fifty year olds with aging bodies. Your personality will matter at fifty. Most importantly, remember that confidence is important. Cockiness is bad but, confidence is a good thing. Be confident about yourself.




THESHERIFF
Visit the links below if you'd like


West Coast Sheriff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 3rd, 2016, 12:28 AM   #26
Uniquemind
VT Lover
 
Join Date: April 1, 2015
Location: USA
Gender: Other
Default Re: Attractiveness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheriff McGregor View Post
Honestly, I feel bad for attractive people or anyone with a remotely decent body. We will lose their bodies as we age. Physical beauty becomes obsolete. However, our personalities will remain. Also, if someone has a bad personality, people will not want to be around them.

Remember that your body will grow old and in 40 years, we will all be fifty year olds with aging bodies. Your personality will matter at fifty. Most importantly, remember that confidence is important. Cockiness is bad but, confidence is a good thing. Be confident about yourself.
I don't agree. I think looks are one thing, and everyone will have their own tastes on probably a statistical bell-curve of preference, and then personality is another factor.

Then you have different contexts where you need one or both of those qualities to go on the prowl for sexual opportunity, and then you have another context where you want sexual and romantic opportunities.

If you're gorgeous, it does not imply one's personality is sour or bad. There are some people who have it all, and some age better than others, and life choices like diet and exercise impact how one retains their looks as they age as well.

It's a complex topic.
Uniquemind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 3rd, 2016, 12:59 AM   #27
West Coast Sheriff
Legendery Veteran
 
West Coast Sheriff's Forum Picture
 
Name: F.
Join Date: July 17, 2012
Location: Southern California
Age: 19
Gender: Male
Default Re: Attractiveness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uniquemind View Post
I don't agree. I think looks are one thing, and everyone will have their own tastes on probably a statistical bell-curve of preference, and then personality is another factor.

Then you have different contexts where you need one or both of those qualities to go on the prowl for sexual opportunity, and then you have another context where you want sexual and romantic opportunities.

If you're gorgeous, it does not imply one's personality is sour or bad. There are some people who have it all, and some age better than others, and life choices like diet and exercise impact how one retains their looks as they age as well.

It's a complex topic.
Many good looking people are nice people. Allow me to clarify; I wasn't implying that gorgeous people have sour personalities. I've actually found that good looking people tend to have great personalities.

A golden personality is more important than a good body. You may be attracted to someone's physical attributes but you fall in love with their emotional qualities. Both outer and inner beauty play roles in who we find appealing, however, a strong, loving personality proves to be the more desirable trait.

Personality is who the person really is. You can't spell personality without person. How a person looks is nothing more than genetics. It's just how we look and provides to insight to who we are. I can't deny the importance of visual beauty. We hold other people to standards we've already envisioned. We reject others because they aren't good enough for our standards. I know, we humans can be cruel. Yes we want a beautiful partner but, it won't hurt us if they aren't (it shouldn't). It can hurt us if they aren't good as a person. Sure, it plays a role in deciding who we choose to associate with but, it won't really matter like a personality does. We need to be around people who treat us well and demonstrate kindness and compassion. Isn't that what we really look for in a person? Someone who is kind, loving, compassionate and meets our standards for beauty. So both are important but, personality actually describes a person and who we are around.

Personality lasts longer and therefore must be the more desirable trait. That is what we will live with, be around and spend our lives with: their soul, not the vessel that houses it. The body ages. Certainly, diet and exercise are important factors pertaining to aging. Inevitably, we will grow old. When that occurs, all we will have left of ourself and our significant other will be our inner qualities (I guess we will still have our health but that's not the point). We should focus more on our personalities than our bodies because it will continue to describe us when our looks no longer can.

Yes people will choose who they affiliate themselves with based off both looks and personality. However, at the end of the day we will care more about who the person is than how they look. In return, we should give our best personality to our partner as it is the more desirable trait.




THESHERIFF
Visit the links below if you'd like


West Coast Sheriff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 3rd, 2016, 01:11 AM   #28
Uniquemind
VT Lover
 
Join Date: April 1, 2015
Location: USA
Gender: Other
Default Re: Attractiveness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheriff McGregor View Post
Many good looking people are nice people. Allow me to clarify; I wasn't implying that gorgeous people have sour personalities. I've actually found that good looking people tend to have great personalities.

A golden personality is more important than a good body. You may be attracted to someone's physical attributes but you fall in love with their emotional qualities. Both outer and inner beauty play roles in who we find appealing, however, a strong, loving personality proves to be the more desirable trait.

Personality is who the person really is. You can't spell personality without person. How a person looks is nothing more than genetics. It's just how we look and provides to insight to who we are. I can't deny the importance of visual beauty. We hold other people to standards we've already envisioned. We reject others because they aren't good enough for our standards. I know, we humans can be cruel. Yes we want a beautiful partner but, it won't hurt us if they aren't (it shouldn't). It can hurt us if they aren't good as a person. Sure, it plays a role in deciding who we choose to associate with but, it won't really matter like a personality does. We need to be around people who treat us well and demonstrate kindness and compassion. Isn't that what we really look for in a person? Someone who is kind, loving, compassionate and meets our standards for beauty. So both are important but, personality actually describes a person and who we are around.

Personality lasts longer and therefore must be the more desirable trait. That is what we will live with, be around and spend our lives with: their soul, not the vessel that houses it. The body ages. Certainly, diet and exercise are important factors pertaining to aging. Inevitably, we will grow old. When that occurs, all we will have left of ourself and our significant other will be our inner qualities (I guess we will still have our health but that's not the point). We should focus more on our personalities than our bodies because it will continue to describe us when our looks no longer can.

Yes people will choose who they affiliate themselves with based off both looks and personality. However, at the end of the day we will care more about who the person is than how they look. In return, we should give our best personality to our partner as it is the more desirable trait.
I see your point and after you have rephrased I agree.


But just because I can't let it go entirely I have to throw this question which is now begged because you said looks were "nothing more than genetics".

So you're saying personality isn't genetic?

I think biology and attraction and who we end up dating and being intimate with for short or long term really being attracted to someone else's genetic code, and both physical attributes and personality together communicate that information about what they offer to a potential mate.
Uniquemind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 3rd, 2016, 01:16 AM   #29
West Coast Sheriff
Legendery Veteran
 
West Coast Sheriff's Forum Picture
 
Name: F.
Join Date: July 17, 2012
Location: Southern California
Age: 19
Gender: Male
Default Re: Attractiveness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uniquemind View Post
I see your point and after you have rephrased I agree.


But just because I can't let it go entirely I have to throw this question which is now begged because you said looks were "nothing more than genetics".

So you're saying personality isn't genetic?

I think biology and attraction and who we end up dating and being intimate with for short or long term really being attracted to someone else's genetic code, and both physical attributes and personality together communicate that information about what they offer to a potential mate.
Personality is somewhat genetic. I think our environment, upbringing, friends and external factors really create it. There always will be that unsolvable nature v nurture debate.




THESHERIFF
Visit the links below if you'd like


West Coast Sheriff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 3rd, 2016, 08:06 AM   #30
caged_owl
New Member
 
caged_owl's Forum Picture
 
Name: Rachael
Join Date: December 23, 2015
Location: Florida
Gender: Female
Default Re: Attractiveness

Unfortunately.......everyone loves to go "oooh dont worry about looks...its your personality that matters"

And then those people proceed to only go after "attractive people" even though their total a--holes or b----s.
caged_owl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 6th, 2016, 01:03 AM   #31
LITTLEANGEL17
Awesome Poster
 
LITTLEANGEL17's Forum Picture
 
Name: Angela - Angie
Join Date: October 12, 2013
Location: UK
Age: 17
Gender: Female
Default Re: Attractiveness

For me its not about body looks its whats on the inside that counts

**** No Profile - No Posts - DONT Send Friend Request ****

**** BE NAKED - BE FREE ****

**** SMOOTH IS BEST ****
**** TAKE CARE EVERYONE ****
**** LEZ GIRL 17 ****
LITTLEANGEL17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 8th, 2016, 03:03 PM   #32
amgb
Awesome Poster
 
Join Date: December 5, 2014
Gender: Undisclosed
Default Re: Attractiveness

Puberty is a time for physical and hormonal changes in the body; it's normal and common to worry over how attractive you are to others. Everyone's different and everyone likes certain different physical features, not everyone is attracted to ripped abs. Some people are, and that's okay. You will find someone who will like you for being exactly you, no matter how skinny or masculine or tall you are. If you are the right person for that someone, they will accept everything about you. They will be comfortable with your looks - and who knows, the things about you you've disliked could be all the things that one person loves about you~

Raise your words, not voice. It is {light} rain that grows flowers, not thunder. ― Jalaluddin Rumi
amgb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 9th, 2016, 10:26 AM   #33
UNKNOWN8198
Member
 
UNKNOWN8198's Forum Picture
 
Name: Tom
Join Date: August 3, 2013
Location: UK
Age: 20
Gender: Neutral
Default Re: Attractiveness

Look are no longer that important in how people view other people. Long term relationships are generally ones where the 2 people connect on an emotional level, not just a physical level, as looks can fade but generally your personality stays more or less the same.

As someone who doesn't particularly like the way they look, I generally think of this, but also I look at other relationships and consider the fact that although I don't find that person attractive, the partner obviously does, so there will be people out there who will find me/you attractive as well, even if we don't see ourselves to be.

Hey!! 18/Gay/Gender Neutral/Maths Nerd. You may notice that I have a tendency to overshare in my posts , I'm sorry but I just can't help myself .

Happy to talk about just about anything, so feel free to add me and PM/VM and I'll do my best to help

Maybe I'll be myself when I'm somebody else - Rio
something to remind me of who I used to be
UNKNOWN8198 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 10th, 2016, 02:42 AM   #34
TeenPortland
Member
 
Name: The Name's S
Join Date: January 22, 2016
Location: Portland
Age: 17
Gender: Male
Default Re: Attractiveness

The most important thing is to be yourself. Do that and good things will come
TeenPortland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 11th, 2016, 06:07 PM   #35
CuteGuy889
Great Poster
 
Name: vicky
Join Date: May 27, 2014
Location: NSW
Gender: Male
Default Re: Attractiveness

This is physical attratctiveness and therefore personality doesnt count here...It is mainly your built and face structure...I was told I'm cute & attractive...I apperently have a nice face ''structure'' and am tall and slim...I used to be skinny and ripped too......But now have filled out and put on a soft tummy roll..But my GF + other girls find it even cuter..they say my fuller face looks ''cheekier'' and clothes hang on my fulller body better..
So I guess as long as one doesn't get really fat and remain slim what matters is the general body structure and face structure and not ripped body..
CuteGuy889 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 13th, 2016, 10:07 AM   #36
Price
New Member
 
Join Date: February 13, 2016
Gender: Male
Default Re: Attractiveness

Attractiveness is something you can always improve. A nice hairstyle and white teeth will make your face look its best. A fit/lean or muscly body will make a big difference too (if you want to make the effort). And then the most important thing: saying words to make others feel good around you. Effort is the key.
Price is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:12 PM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright©2000 - 2018
Search Engine Optimisation provided by DragonByte SEO (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2018 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright 2004 - 2018, VirtualTeen.org