Go Back   Virtual Teen Forums > >
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Chat Room

Old February 8th, 2016, 04:32 PM   #1
davdev17
Junior Member+

davdev17's Forum Picture

Name: David
Question Therapy

Has therapy ever worked for you? I have been to 4 therapists but none have ever helped. I really want to find one that will help me with anxiety and especially depression. Has therapy helped anybody here? What have your experiences been with therapy?

I'm David. I am gay, 18 and from Utah.
The right thing - what is it? I wonder, if you do the right thing, does it really make everyone happy?
davdev17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 8th, 2016, 04:56 PM   #2
Karkat
Knight of Blood

Karkat's Forum Picture

Name: Ren Hek
Default Re: Therapy

Therapy has helped a very minute amount, but both of the therapists I've seen since I was 14/15 are complete nut-jobs so that's probably why

Just a ghost

Nothing to see here
Karkat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 8th, 2016, 11:37 PM   #3
amgb
Awesome Poster

In the past I have done group therapy, and that was incredible, I loved every minute of it. Now I see two therapists, but I don't talk to either of them much about stuff. I'm very self-motivated, and honestly it lets me feel in control when I can handle things by myself. I'm not saying I don't appreciate help, I'm always appreciative of any kind of help and for the most part I do take some of the advice I receive.

It's so good to hear that you want to find a therapist who will be able to help you, this is an amazing start. I think you need to find the specific reasons why your past 4 therapists weren't really able to help you, then from there maybe you could figure out what kind of a person as a therapist you would want them to be, if that makes any sense. Everyone's different and we don't always get along with our therapists, sometimes we don't find our therapists helpful at all and that's okay. We just need to look for someone who we click with, who we're comfortable with. If you're okay with it you could try working things out with your parents, or a family member. Otherwise try talking to a trusted adult about it? Or even a friend. The reason I started counselling was because of a friend, friends are really good people to go to if you're not comfortable with going to an adult. And group therapy; have you ever done that? I'm not sure if you'll like it, but the reason it worked for me was because it made me feel included in a bigger group of people who were also struggling, and it made problems so much easier to face. Group therapy can be intimidating though, I know I was scared the first time I started. I don't know - different things work for different people.

I hope you're able to find a good therapist, good luck~~~

Raise your words, not voice. It is {light} rain that grows flowers, not thunder. ― Jalaluddin Rumi
amgb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 8th, 2016, 11:40 PM   #4
Sheriff McGregor
VT's Poet

Sheriff McGregor's Forum Picture

I've only spoken to a therapist once and she spoke to my brother too. I never thought it would help me so I've begged my parents not to send me.

THESHERIFF
Visit the links below if you'd like

Sheriff McGregor is offline   Reply With Quote