Go Back   Virtual Teen Forums > > >
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Chat Room

Old December 27th, 2015, 02:41 PM   #1
munchausen
Member+

munchausen's Forum Picture

Name: Damian
Default Okay

I am severely anxious; with no triggers that I can make sense of. No focus on anything specific and no way to mediate it. I have no idea why I am anxious I just am, and not the foggiest idea what to do about it in a way that even resembles a healthy approach.

I have no idea what to do about this.

munchausen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 27th, 2015, 04:56 PM   #2
Microcosm
Awesome Poster

Microcosm's Forum Picture

Name: Dan
Default Re: Okay

Quote:
Originally Posted by munchausen View Post
I am severely anxious; with no triggers that I can make sense of. No focus on anything specific and no way to mediate it. I have no idea why I am anxious I just am, and not the foggiest idea what to do about it in a way that even resembles a healthy approach.

I have no idea what to do about this.
You should try some relaxation methods first. Like mindful breathing or take a bath. Light some candles or something. maybe meditate, watch a nice movie, play a relaxing or casual video game that will not anger you, exercise, go for a walk or jog.

Set aside some time strictly for this purpose, time strictly for yourself and your relaxation. Affirm to yourself silently or out loud that, for the next hour or two, you will have no obligations or responsibilities and that time is set aside just for you.

Do this whenever you feel anxious and have free time.
Microcosm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 28th, 2015, 07:32 AM   #3
Fiction
Ex Psych Mod

Fiction's Forum Picture

Name: Kathy
Default Re: Okay

None of the suggestions above are bad ones, but I have a feeling you're looking for something more long term. Although honestly, mindfulness was a life saver when my anxiety was really bad. It can just stop an anxious mood from escalating or getting worse and there's loads of apps you can get (not sure about on your weird phone though...).

Like we've said before I think you need to see someone about this, the last thing we need is you slipping into old habits and the last thing I want is to see you go through all that again.

You know I'm always a phone call away x hopefully things will get better over the next few weeks when we're back into a routine. Besides we have a lot to look forward too over the next few weeks

We'll set aside some time to talk about this later. X

P.S. Next time I see you I'll be making lots of chamomile tea

You brought hate, pills and knives,
And this is how the tale begins.
Its your life, exist and wonder why.
When it only fails to work,
It only fails to work sometimes

Last edited by Fiction; December 28th, 2015 at 07:40 AM.
Fiction is offline   Reply With Quote