Virtual Teen Forums

Go Back   Virtual Teen Forums > >
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Chat Room

Old December 9th, 2015, 09:54 PM   #1
avri

Default some advice please?

okay so my mom found out about my cutting and its not like she had a bad reaction or anything she just wants to help but i cant stop feeling really uncomfortable and guilty about it. i never wanted her to know and now i just feel really weird and embarrassed...what should i do?
avri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 9th, 2015, 09:57 PM   #2
lacey02

lacey02's Forum Picture

Name: Lacey
Default Re: some advice please?

she cares about you by not freaking out or anything
lacey02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 10th, 2015, 01:36 PM   #3
Deleted User
Legendary Member

Default Re: some advice please?

This is normal. You're doing something that you internally know is bad for you. And she's your mum, of course you don't want her to find out that's what you're doing to yourself. But be thankful she's being so supportive. She wants to help you. A lot of parents couldn't care less or freak out on their children.

I know it's uncomfortable but I think you should accept her support. If you want to get better (and I don't know, maybe you don't; it's okay to not be ready), she's there and offering to help you. If you're not ready, then explain that to her. Cutting is an addiction and it's very hard to face recovery. If you can talk to your mum, rather than just ignoring the fact that it happened, try to have an open dialogue. Let her ask questions and try not to get too upset or feel too guilty and ask her any questions you might have too.

She wants to help and that's a pretty big step for her too. A lot of parents can't cope with things they may not necessarily understand, or is often the case. I don't want to get all preachy and be like "do this because not everyone else gets the chance" but you are really lucky and I think you should take advantage of that, even if it feels weird. Even just ask her if she can help you find someone else to talk to if that's what you'd prefer. Whatever works best for you, let her try to help.
Deleted User is offline   Reply With Quote