Go Back   Virtual Teen Forums > > >
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Chat Room

Old November 29th, 2015, 10:57 PM   #1
thatgothgirluknow
Great Poster

thatgothgirluknow's Forum Picture

Name: Jade/jordan
Question OCD as a coping stragety

i don't try to use ocd as coping mechanism but it seems that i is one and i hate it because i end up looking stupid and crazy let me explain so i have always had a problem with it but typically it doesn't really bother me and most people don't notice i can go a week without any major thoughts but the moment i get upset it's like every little thing has to be perfect it's like my mind has to find anything it can in order to avoid the nervousness i feel and it almost makes me feel better when im alone while the urges to fix everything are terrible they distract me and that helps but when people are around it's not so helpful i have anxiety and when i start to get nervous it's like i can't focus on the conversation because my mind is to busy fighting the urge to fix everything like during talks with my councelar sometimes i'll put everything on the table in a straight line even with the edges on the table and often times even wash the table no matter how hard i try to resit the urges i almost always fail and get even more nervous because i feel crazy and stupid. does this happen to anyone else?

u know u love the goth girl

do not live to survive but to thrive and secede

<font color=SlateGray><font size=5>BUTTERFLIES</font></font>
the rain comes before the rainbow
thatgothgirluknow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 30th, 2015, 02:28 AM   #2
Karkat
Knight of Blood

Karkat's Forum Picture

Name: Ren Hek
Default Re: OCD as a coping stragety

I wouldn't say the disorder itself is a coping mechanism- feeling relieved after you perform certain tasks is a normal thing when you have OCD. Performing tasks like that is more of the coping mechanism

Just a ghost

Nothing to see here
Karkat is offline   Reply With Quote