Virtual Teen Forums

Go Back   Virtual Teen Forums > >
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Chat Room

Old November 6th, 2015, 04:42 PM   #1
dauntless

Default what can I do?

So lately, I noticed I've been way too anxious for everything. Just the idea of having to pass another exam scares the shit out of me, and hours before any exam, I sweat excessively and have a weirdly high heart rate just before, even if sometimes I end up worrying for nothing amd getting a good mark. It's getting out of control amd now it's not only exams, sometimes social situations like talking to the guy I like get my breath heavy and the same symptoms, but literally, there's nothing to be worried about and I only realize that hours after what's happening. What should I do? Is there anything I can do to get calmed immediately?
dauntless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 16th, 2015, 02:01 PM   #2
Miserabilia
Our Bipolar Friends

Miserabilia's Forum Picture

Name: dan/johnny foreigner/cheesee
Default Re: what can I do?

Hey I can definetely relate. Sounds like you are having anxiety isseues. The simple things to do are to distract yourself or put pressure of yourself somehow, like taking some time off to relax once in a while.
If it's a permanent issue it is possible to get medication, but since it sounds like your anxiety is caused by exam stress it's proabbly just best to take a day off and chill.

shout at the world because the world doesn't love you

lower yourself because you know that you have to.
Miserabilia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 16th, 2015, 06:12 PM   #3
lacey02

lacey02's Forum Picture

Name: Lacey

counseling and yoga!
lacey02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 22nd, 2015, 12:25 AM   #4
CupcakeLuv101

Quote:
Originally Posted by dauntless View Post
So lately, I noticed I've been way too anxious for everything. Just the idea of having to pass another exam scares the shit out of me, and hours before any exam, I sweat excessively and have a weirdly high heart rate just before, even if sometimes I end up worrying for nothing amd getting a good mark. It's getting out of control amd now it's not only exams, sometimes social situations like talking to the guy I like get my breath heavy and the same symptoms, but literally, there's nothing to be worried about and I only realize that hours after what's happening. What should I do? Is there anything I can do to get calmed immediately?
What exactly is it that's making you anxious about an exam? Would it possibly be because you feel like you didn't study enough? Or maybe you think you don't understand the information enough?
Maybe next time if there's an upcoming test or exam, try to know exactly what's going to be on the exam and study EVERYTHING about that topic. Understanding every bit of material might help to make you feel more confident about the exam and may take away some anxiety that you feel.

And about talking to the guy you like, I can totally relate to that. My advice to you is to just do it. That's what I do and then I realize it wasn't so bad after all and then I feel stupid for worrying about nothing
CupcakeLuv101 is offline   Reply With Quote