Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Chat Room

Old November 6th, 2015, 03:19 PM   #1
Dimentio
Great Poster

Dimentio's Forum Picture

Name: Kieran
Default Anxiety symptoms

So I've been in therapy for, i think it's 7/8 weeks now, and I'm hating it haha
But, I've been reading up A LOT on anxiety after officially being diagnosed with that (Mostly chronic social anxiety, but also other things), and depression, but, there's one thing i cannot find a straight forward answer for!
Does anyone else with anxiety have weird heat problems?
Like, my body temperature is always high, whenever i move from a seat and someone sits there they comment on how hot it is, if i have ever been beside someone in a bed they never stay under the duvet, i nearly constantly sweat, like right now, if i have a hot cup of tea my whole body gets sticky with sweat, and even just walking in a room, i can feel a radiator coming on/off, or tell if the kettle has just been boiled, or the oven has just been used, without going anywhere near them, so, is this heat stuff a symptom of that? Or is this just another way of my body showing I'm fucked up? XD
For anyone else who needs it, with research i found out, sleep, food, twitching, shaking, attention span, memory, breathing issues, chest pains, all that stuff is part of it too, so, don't listen to Google when it tries to tell you that you have cancer (That's not a joke, it has tried to tell me that many times haha)
Dimentio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 8th, 2015, 03:37 PM   #2
City Kid
Awesome Poster

City Kid's Forum Picture

Name: Sophie
Default Re: Anxiety symptoms

First off, therapy always sucks in the beginning. But it gets easier, and if you have a good therapist it is gonna help you a lot in the long run. (You can take that from someone who's about to start their fourth psychotherapy.)

So to be honest I've never heard of someone with problems like yours. But mental illnesses can cause all kinds of weird physical symptoms, so it's definitely possible that it's psychosomatic.

But have you ever been to a regular doctor because of this? If not, I think you should go and let a professional check if everything's alright with your body before thinking about what else could cause it.

City Kid
MAD(D) | in recovery since February 2014

[email protected]

Help & Advice moderator

ヽ(ᴗ‿ᴗ)ノ
City Kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 8th, 2015, 09:48 PM   #3
Little mermaid

Little mermaid's Forum Picture

Name: Ella

I know its common to sweat with a anxiety attack but I don't know if the extent of yours is normal, maybe ask a doctor?

Good luck with therapy, i hope it helps

A mirror is just glass and you are so much more than that -inkskinned
Little mermaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 9th, 2015, 09:42 PM   #4
messyme

Never heard of that. I have a friend who is a doctor, ill try to ask about your case.

http://tinyurl.com/ThatBodyIn3Weeks
http://tinyurl.com/relationships-freedatingadvice
messyme is offline   Reply With Quote