Virtual Teen Forums

Go Back   Virtual Teen Forums > >
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Chat Room

Old November 2nd, 2015, 02:58 PM   #1
radioactive

radioactive's Forum Picture

Name: Alexander
Default Guys with eating disorders

Hi so recently I began getting help for my bulemia and anorexia. But find it hard to find any guys with this problem my therapist told me while although men suffer from eating disorders relatively as much as girls do men just ignore it and people don't seem to notice it in guys or even consider us to have them and just wanted to know how many guys on her have the same problem.

I'm looking for cool people to make relationships with so if you're cool or just want to talk HMU.
radioactive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 3rd, 2015, 03:01 PM   #2
Paraxiom
neophyte ietsist

Paraxiom's Forum Picture

Default Re: Guys with eating disorders

I had (what I, to the best of my objective judgement, consider to be) a minor eating issue from late June this year, and am not sure if I am out of it yet. I know someone who had a bigger issue with eating for a few years, but is out of it now. It is certainly a big issue, and it is not talked about as much as it could be.
Paraxiom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 4th, 2015, 02:40 PM   #3
Abhorrence
Death

Abhorrence's Forum Picture

I've not really talked about it on this site before but I've had issues with eating disorders for around two years. It's not something I like talking about because, frankly, it makes me feel emasculated and stupid. Maybe there does need to be more awareness about it.

Nothing will be waiting for you at the end of this life.

Ask // Private Message
~Mike was here~
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elysium
Spooky scary labia
Abhorrence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 4th, 2015, 11:10 PM   #4
Dalcourt

Dalcourt's Forum Picture

Name: Peanut

I'm diagnosed with anorexia nervosa. I guess I have suffered from it for a long time but nobody including myself noticed it and I don't get any treatment. We have one therapy group for eating disorders where I am now but it is just girls there so I feel stupid going there.
Dalcourt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 5th, 2015, 03:15 PM   #5
Miserabilia
Our Bipolar Friends

Miserabilia's Forum Picture

Name: dan/johnny foreigner/cheesee

I had an undiagnosed eating disorder that I think I have literaly never talked about on this site (probably even lied about? I don't know just didn't want to share it untill it was far gona behind me).
Feel free to talk if you want, like I said I've never talked about it before. I'm recovered now.

shout at the world because the world doesn't love you

lower yourself because you know that you have to.
Miserabilia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 6th, 2015, 02:04 PM   #6
CuteGuy889
Nice Poster

Name: vicky
Cool Re: Guys with eating disorders

I had a fling with an ED...till 15 or so I was super skinny..Then one of my "friends" started poking my sides & saying that I'm staarting to gain like my dad....I too felt bit of a love handle and went on a diet....By 6m I was fed up and it took away the bit of muslce I had making me weaker...
My GF sensed something amiss and I opened up to her...She stightend me back and I started to eat normally again...

Well I have put on and not that skinny any more...I;m now 66kg (from 46kg) and my waist is 34'' (from 26'') I now sport a rounded bum (where there was none) and a soft small tummy roll ....

But I think genetics has a big role to play. My dad has been skinny but has put on much in the uni and is now pretty chubby...So I think my skinny body is firmly going that way...I can handle that.

I keep my looks, keep a top on even in water and wear baggy stuff to hide my bulge..but I eat normally including junk-food.....

And I look forward to putting on a bit in the college like what happens to many many kids with fast food and beer..I'm not going to deprive myself.
CuteGuy889 is offline   Reply With Quote