Virtual Teen Forums

Go Back   Virtual Teen Forums > > >
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Chat Room

Notices

Old September 16th, 2015, 08:05 PM   #1
Arantor
Junior Member+

Default I think I had my first panic attack

Hi all. Today I think I had my first panic attack.

Some of you may recognize me from the relationship forum. I've been going through a breakup and things have gone from bad to worse. I initially thought she just wanted to take some time apart to work on her depression (she told me it wasn't forever, just now and that she still saw a future with me, etc). Anyway, as things progress, it seems more and more like she left me for this other guy.

I've been trying to accept things and move on. This morning I was having breakfast with a friend, trying to get my mind of it. All the sudden I was consumed by thoughts of losing her, and picturing her with another guy. I felt sick to my stomach. I started sweating.

I had to go to the bathroom. When I got in, I could barely breath, my head was pounding, and I vomited. I threw my guts up. When it passed and I calmed down, I looked in the mirror. I asked myself how the hell did you let her do this to you.

I suppose I'm posting this just to see if anyone can relate, or if you think these attacks will keep coming. Thank you all.
Arantor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 19th, 2015, 02:38 PM   #2
hazelteen

hazelteen's Forum Picture

Name: Axel
Default Re: I think I had my first panic attack

I definatly sounds like it. Have you talked to anyone other than vt about this? If not, you really should. (Mom, dr, teacher, older sibling, whoever!) dr or mom or dad would be best.
It might might your first, but it may also be your last so do hope for the best, it might be a one off.

Stars can't shine without darkness.
hazelteen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 19th, 2015, 07:05 PM   #3
Legoboy

Name: Luke

I think whether they keep happening it depends how much stuff you are dealing with and how out of control you feel your life is. I have to have counselling for some stuff that happened a year now, I have medicine and STILL sometimes it happens you get flashbacks or you just start thinking too hard and wishing you could change stuff. I have met people who have the same symptoms but honestly there's no reason behind it other than their body chemicals aren't balanced. So its hard to tell if you might get more or not but you CAN get help and it isn't uncommon.

And like you said, when you come out the other side you are sort of "what the &*^& was that about?" Kind of makes you angry at yourself but you know, we aren't robots or something so this stuff happens soemtimes and might never happen again.
Legoboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 27th, 2015, 06:04 PM   #4
Jkat547

Name: Rebekkah

That sounds like a panic attack to me. I don't vomit during mine, but I get sweaty and cannot breathe. Try talking to someone. Maybe that will help. So far talking to my teacher has helped a lot. He has given me advice and I trust him. Find someone you trust and just talk. It doesn't have to be about all of the things causing the panic attacks, but it should help. Good Luck!
Jkat547 is offline   Reply With Quote