Go Back   Virtual Teen Forums > > >
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Chat Room

Old October 11th, 2015, 12:59 AM   #1
Anthem
Nice Poster

Anthem's Forum Picture

Name: Jake
Unhappy Possible anxiety disorder?

I have read the page on this site: http://www.virtualteen.org/teen-topi...orders/anxiety

I noticed something that said Social Anxiety Disorder. I think I might have that even though I don't think I have been diagnosed with it, my mother has extreme anxiety, it only has been effecting her severely in recent years.

Anyways, I constantly have thoughts about future conversations. Now, that sounds normal, right?

A little background: I have been bullied throughout my years in high school. The bulling ranged from my looks all the way to physical harassment. I thought of reasons why but it might be because I don't sound or look my age. I am 17(m).

Anyways this ties into what I am about to say: I think of conversations in my head that possibly humiliate me and in my head, I say something to the person that would make me win the argument.

Also, when I talk to my therapist or psychologist, I always lie and say that I am fine, for the fear that I might be mocked or something. People have told me to be honest but my mind takes control and says that I should lie.

My mind is in control of a lot of things, ranging from riding super fun rides at theme parks to what I eat, my anxiety is everywhere, and it's ruining my life.

I am not living my life anywhere near this full potential, according to my teacher. I want to be normal, I want to be the guy that can say things freely without the feeling of being put down or made fun of because of it.

I do have some sort of anxiety that might tie into paranoia from Bipolar Disorder, which I feel is a major gap between my enjoyment and myself.

I have tried to say good things to myself, trying to convince myself that I won't be embarrassed.

I also have a fear of something happening to me like death. Death is a big subject for me and I should have nothing to worry about.

I'd definitely say paranoia and anxiety play a big role in my decisions. What do you guys think? Ask me any question you need from me and I'll try my best to answer.
Anthem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 15th, 2015, 05:28 AM   #2
staple123

Default Re: Possible anxiety disorder?

What social situations would you get anxious from? eg Answering a question in calss.
staple123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 25th, 2015, 06:44 PM   #3
PhandomMember

PhandomMember's Forum Picture

Default Re: Possible anxiety disorder?

Do you get anxious in public, like in school? Are you totally fine around family and friends or in your home?

Please subscribe to danisnotonfire and AmazingPhil on YouTube!
PhandomMember is offline   Reply With Quote