Go Back   Virtual Teen Forums > >
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Chat Room

Old September 30th, 2015, 10:18 PM   #1
justkeepswimming

justkeepswimming's Forum Picture

Name: bob
Exclamation anti depressant advice

hello everyone
i was recently diagnosed with major depression and social anxiety during this process i was recomended to maybe try anti depressants. i honestly have to admit that im not winning the fight and maybe the pills will help make the fight not seem so hard! so i was hoping people could share there personal expierences with ant depressants and give advice on if i should go for it or not!

it would be much appreciated

have a great day
justkeepswimming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 4th, 2015, 12:59 AM   #2
CreativeUsername

CreativeUsername's Forum Picture

Name: Toby
Default Re: anti depressant advice

Personally, I take Prozac, and it doesn't get rid of anxiety or depression in any way. What it does (for me) is just take the edge off. I still have anxiety and depression but it prevents me from doing anything serious or going completely insane from my anxiety (as much as I feel like it) or anything like that. The thing that I've taken that's worked better is some form of beta-blocker (I can't remember the name), which basically you take before going into an anxiety provoking situation (for me, school) and it brings my anxiety down from 10 to a 7. The problem with them is that I don't think they work for everybody, and can have side effects. You also can't take certain medicines or do certain things when you take them. I'm no doctor, so you should consult one before you do anything. But if it's bad enough, you should try almost anything you can.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
CreativeUsername is offline   Reply With Quote