Virtual Teen Forums

Go Back   Virtual Teen Forums > >
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Chat Room

Old August 9th, 2015, 02:35 PM   #1
CmdrShep2183
Banned

Default What is normal?

Psychiatrists and big pharma seemed to want half the U.S. population doped up on meds. So to them what is a normal human?

Do you think they are weird? What type of person becomes one? The nerd or the jock? Do they deserve their reputation as greedy pill pushers?
CmdrShep2183 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 9th, 2015, 03:43 PM   #2
lliam
Awesome Poster

lliam's Forum Picture

Name: Liam
Default Re: What is normal?

No wonder, cause that's how pharma companies make money. But you easily can transfer this as a principle to everything in everyones life.

Normality is what most often repeats itself in our daily life.

or

It just depends on someones pov what is normal.

e.g.:

So it is normal that pharmaceutical companies define each people as sick just to sell nonsensical developed products.

So it is normal that devout Christians demonize everything that doesn't match their values.

So it is normal that a mass murderer kills many people (otherwise he would be no mass murderer).

So it is normal that a goverment want to have quite (good) citizens and therefore all those who disturb this peace are defined as notorious dissenter.

This list is endless.

So, I think that normality is arbitrary. And who claims I'm not normal, I show him, how I normally respond: with a farewell kick ass to backside of the moon.

Also I give a damn on the opinion of such people what possibly they may think about me..

"Life is that prison you'll never leave alive."

lliam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 18th, 2015, 08:27 PM   #3
Paraxiom
neophyte ietsist

Paraxiom's Forum Picture

I mostly think of normality as an abritrary thing that depends on persepctive, but in the context of psychology and sociology, most of the population lie in the 'middle' of whatever parameter you want to measure off, like psychopathic tendencies, height, weight, sociability, intelligence, etc. This distribution of the majority and minorities of people can be visualised with this:

https://simple.wikipedia.org/wiki/Normal_distribution (the 'normal' english version is very long and half jargon)

So in a sense, what normality is overall with psychological things and the like, is what percentages of society form the majorities and minorities with respect to certain things. Personally, I think companies generally want to sell, so I would not be surprised with pharmaceuticals saying we need more of their things. Medication is very important, especially so for the edges of the curve, but not everyone needs it at all. I know I brought some maths, and maybe too technical an explanation (maybe I should have answered another time than 2AM :/ ), but it might be a helpful idea.

Last edited by Paraxiom; September 18th, 2015 at 08:34 PM.
Paraxiom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 25th, 2015, 07:11 AM   #4
Body odah Man
VT Lover

Body odah Man's Forum Picture

Quote:
Originally Posted by lliam View Post
No wonder, cause that's how pharma companies make money. But you easily can transfer this as a principle to everything in everyones life.

Normality is what most often repeats itself in our daily life.

or

It just depends on someones pov what is normal.

e.g.:

So it is normal that pharmaceutical companies define each people as sick just to sell nonsensical developed products.

So it is normal that devout Christians demonize everything that doesn't match their values.

So it is normal that a mass murderer kills many people (otherwise he would be no mass murderer).

So it is normal that a goverment want to have quite (good) citizens and therefore all those who disturb this peace are defined as notorious dissenter.

This list is endless.

So, I think that normality is arbitrary. And who claims I'm not normal, I show him, how I normally respond: with a farewell kick ass to backside of the moon.

Also I give a damn on the opinion of such people what possibly they may think about me..
Good one

Just a chilling teen that hates baths, collects Yugioh cards and loves Runescape
Body odah Man is offline   Reply With Quote