Go Back   Virtual Teen Forums > >
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Chat Room [4]

Old July 8th, 2015, 10:29 PM   #1
thatgothgirluknow
Great Poster

thatgothgirluknow's Forum Picture

Name: Jade/jordan
Unhappy dissociative and dp

hey guys although im doing my best i cant truthfully say that the past week has been amazing or even easy in fact it's been really hard mainly because my symptoms of dissociation and anxiety (dp goes with dissociation and it stands for depersonalization) have gotten a whole lot worse and im getting really bad i mean like sometimes i get really really scared that i gonna lose myself and i feel like i the only one that understands because i don't know anyone with problems like derealization and depersonalization and i have been doing so well with not cutting but i mean seriously i don't think i can do this without cutting right now i guess i just scared because i keep missing things i mean like the 4th of july should have been an amazing night with my family but i cant remember it in the slightest i mean i can tell you everything that i did but i can remember it actually happening it's like having the description of a picture but never having actually seen that picture and it sucks and it happening more and more i guess i just want to know if anyone else has depersonalization or derealization

u know u love the goth girl

do not live to survive but to thrive and secede

<font color=SlateGray><font size=5>BUTTERFLIES</font></font>
the rain comes before the rainbow
thatgothgirluknow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 9th, 2015, 11:08 AM   #2
StoppingTom
Great Poster

StoppingTom's Forum Picture

Name: Tom
Default Re: dissociative and dp

Out of the depression, mood swings, and dissociations I deal with, dissociation is definitely the weirdest and most uncomfortable to deal with for me. Your analogy about it being like a photograph is pretty spot on, I've always thought of it like a dream, you remember that stuff happened, but it's all so blurry and you don't feel any connection to it. Have you brought this up with a counselor or psychiatrist? Once I get my appointment made I'm going to bring it up.

General Discussions Mod~ If you need me for whatever reason: [email protected]
ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ makin my way downtown ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
Want to join a simple and fun RPG? Join here!
StoppingTom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 9th, 2015, 01:45 PM   #3
thatgothgirluknow
Great Poster

thatgothgirluknow's Forum Picture

Name: Jade/jordan

Quote:
Originally Posted by aEON View Post
Out of the depression, mood swings, and dissociations I deal with, dissociation is definitely the weirdest and most uncomfortable to deal with for me. Your analogy about it being like a photograph is pretty spot on, I've always thought of it like a dream, you remember that stuff happened, but it's all so blurry and you don't feel any connection to it. Have you brought this up with a counselor or psychiatrist? Once I get my appointment made I'm going to bring it up.
no i have brought up when i like completely zone out because of it and she gave me the name for it but now im getting a new counselor and ive been without for 2-3 months i have intake on wednesday and ill probably talk with her about it then thx and i hope things work out for u

u know u love the goth girl

do not live to survive but to thrive and secede

<font color=SlateGray><font size=5>BUTTERFLIES</font></font>
the rain comes before the rainbow
thatgothgirluknow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 6th, 2015, 10:58 AM   #4
RazorTourniquet
Junior Member+

RazorTourniquet's Forum Picture

Derealization/ depersonalization is probably the worst aftermath of an anxiety disorder. I like the way you both explained it- like a dream or a photograph. It can really stop you from doing everyday life activities and the hardest part is no one understands. I suggest that you do what I call " reality checks". I literally force myself to believe what I'm seeing actually is real- for example touching surfaces around me, describing the place I'm in on a piece of paper, writing in a journal or pressing ice cubes on my arms to avoid SI.
By the way, has anyone else experienced a weird feeling that all the buildings are like giant cubes? I don't know how to exactly explain it but it's so surreal.

Is there life before death?
RazorTourniquet is offline   Reply With Quote