Virtual Teen Forums

Go Back   Virtual Teen Forums > >
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Chat Room

Old July 20th, 2015, 08:28 PM   #1
xXoblivionXx
Awkward Taco :3

xXoblivionXx's Forum Picture

Default 178 days until oblivion

Everything seems so complicated and pointless. I'm not as strong as everyone says I am, I'm really not. I'm trying so fucking hard to find a reason to stay and everyone keeps telling me if you can't stay for yourself stay for the people that care about you. and I've tried that, I've tried that for 2 years and it's not working I'm going to make myself a promise, I'm going to make it through my last semester. I'm going to try and have fun and enjoy senior year. I'm going to try and figure out how I can make myself stay. But if I can't I'm done trying
xXoblivionXx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 21st, 2015, 04:41 AM   #2
planetzorb

Name: Isobel
Default Re: 178 days until oblivion

This might not help, but I've found that the most useful quote about surviving through depression is "If you're going through hell, keep going." I think it was by Winston Churchill but nobody knows for sure.

Honestly, it's not about finding reasons to stay. At least not for me. For me, it's about waiting it out. Just keeping on going, even when I want nothing more than to die and get out of this place. Put one foot in front of the other. Treat it like an Alcholics Anonymous type thing: one day at a time.

Another quote that I've relied on is by Vladimir Nabokov: "I shall continue to exist. I may assume other disguises, other forms, but I shall try to exist."

Just keep existing. Even if it's horrible. Even if you feel like everyday is a chore. One day I guarantee you will not regret the decision to stay alive.

*Hugs* I'm sorry you have to deal with this. Just know that it's not your fault. Sometimes, no matter how hard we try, things just don't seem to get any better. But they will, I promise.

Hope things improve soon. Fight the good fight xx

"There are all these moments you dont think you will survive. And then you survive."
David Levithan, Two Boys Kissing

<3 she/her pronouns <3
planetzorb is offline   Reply With Quote