Go Back   Virtual Teen Forums > > >
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Chat Room

Old July 11th, 2015, 05:39 AM   #1
DerBear
Retired H&A Mod

DerBear's Forum Picture

Name: Derri
Default Anxiety

So for the last week/2 weeks I've been having really bad feelings of anxiety or at least I think its feeling of anxiety. I'm constantly feeling sick, I'm getting frequent headaches, I sometimes feel like I can't breath and I just feel tried all of the time.

I've been feeling like this every now and then for the last month or so because my college course was rapidly approaching completion which meant after that I'd be looking for work but because I was still doing college work and finishing things up I was generally able to make the feelings go away by focusing on other things but since this last week I've been focusing on nothing but finding work and constantly I've been feeling terrible.

I feel so sick all time, I've been having trouble eating and when I do eat I just feel even worse as my stomach feels increasingly more painful. In turn that's lead me to being sick.

Most days I end up spending it in my bedroom as I'll apply for various jobs and then I just spend the rest of the day doing nothing much as that's all I can think about. I don't talk to many people, I've stopped visiting a lot of the forums I normally visit.

My parents are noticing me being more withdrawn than normal but when they ask about it I tend to just answer 'fine' which in turn makes me more upset.

I'm worried what people will think of me and even making this thread is difficult, because some people know me here.

Retired Help & Advice Mod

If anyone wants to add me on PSN feel free to send me a PM.
DerBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 11th, 2015, 06:32 AM   #2
Abhorrence
Death

Abhorrence's Forum Picture

Default Re: Anxiety

Since this has been going on for a while, albeit on and off, I think you should go to the doctor. You don't necessarily have to tell anyone about this but I think it's important than you are evaluated properly since nobody on here can really give you the help you need. I understand how bad anxiety is, I have it myself and it literally renders my day to day life really difficult and I have some days where I just cannot go anywhere because I feel the sickness too much, when I know I'm not ill. It's not a nice thing to live with and honestly the only way you can get it sorted or maintained is by visiting the doctor, they're there to help.

Nothing will be waiting for you at the end of this life.

Ask // Private Message
~Mike was here~
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elysium
Spooky scary labia
Abhorrence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 12th, 2015, 05:25 AM   #3
Fiction
Ex Psych Mod

Fiction's Forum Picture

Name: Kathy
Default Re: Anxiety

I think this sounds like anxiety yes, but not an anxiety disorder.

You are going through a period of stress, what with end of college assessments and trying to find a job so feeling anxious about the future is a natural response! Yes it's unpleasant but it's a natural part of life. An anxiety disorder is usually more general, as in, not just in a reaction to one life event.

However if it continues once the stress is over, I would see a doctor.

You brought hate, pills and knives,
And this is how the tale begins.
Its your life, exist and wonder why.
When it only fails to work,
It only fails to work sometimes
Fiction is offline   Reply With Quote