Go Back   Virtual Teen Forums > >
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Chat Room

Old July 8th, 2015, 05:28 PM   #21
Just JT
sure, ask, dare you

Just JT's Forum Picture

Name: JT
Default Re: A "liking" system

Reputation system or like system, not sure I understand what the difference e is
I get the like system, and I personally liked it cause it's like someone can like what you say, receive positive acknowledgement of that, as like a means of support if ur post I g about something that your posting to show like positive progress, a good decision, you did something g good, or nice or something
Should be used appropriately to show support and acknowledgement and stuff
Just JT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 9th, 2015, 09:20 AM   #22
brambox

brambox's Forum Picture

Name: Bram

Yea I don't like the idea. People will just like the posts of people they like, instead of liking things that add to the conversation. We'll get a hivemind cirklejerking the popular opinion.

Straight
Feel free to message me about whatever
brambox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 9th, 2015, 06:19 PM   #23
Andyyy95
Member++

Andyyy95's Forum Picture

Name: Andy

I really don't like the idea of this at all.
People will simply start liking whatever they want or friends' posts, which will lead to favouritism in the sense that people may simply just base their view on a 'popular opinion' of a particular topic.

Always open to meeting/talking to people, so feel free to add me as friend or pop up for a chat
Andyyy95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 11th, 2015, 10:58 AM   #24
Just JT
sure, ask, dare you

Just JT's Forum Picture

Well, im sure you will have some of that, guess that's to be expected with something like that. However, I think people for the most part are able to see through that people are liking things, and becoming clicky I guess. And if that's what some kids want, and they form their opinions based on the number of likes someone has, or what their friends are liking, then that would show how shallow their friendship really is
People are guna have their opinions of all kinds of stuff, good/bad what ever, but if there is a way to legitimize a like, being a valid thing, not a fad or adding to a click or something, I think would be cool...
But how? idk...
Old July 11th, 2015, 01:45 PM   #25
Andyyy95
Member++

Andyyy95's Forum Picture

Name: Andy

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJreversed View Post
People are guna have their opinions of all kinds of stuff, good/bad what ever, but if there is a way to legitimize a like, being a valid thing, not a fad or adding to a click or something, I think would be cool...
But how? idk...
A suggestion could be limiting the amount of 'likes' a user is able to give in a particular time period, but as the staff / other members have mentioned above, the whole system is rather impractical to implement...

Always open to meeting/talking to people, so feel free to add me as friend or pop up for a chat
Andyyy95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 11th, 2015, 03:30 PM   #26
Just JT
sure, ask, dare you

Just JT's Forum Picture

Limiting sounds like a good idea, but how to do that may be the impractical part
Maybe having the ability to like posts is something you earn in status
Say once you how X number of posts, or have to become a certain caliber of member, you are granted liking rights I guess you could say
If we could do that, then other members could see that the liking member is not just some guy who's liking his friends posts, rather liking for quality, content, or level of support
But that may also be impractical, idk about that level of tech stuff though