Virtual Teen Forums

Go Back   Virtual Teen Forums > >
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Chat Room

Old June 27th, 2015, 10:33 PM   #21
CosmicNoodle
Resident Twat

CosmicNoodle's Forum Picture

Name: Joe
Default Re: Is VT getting less activity?

with the amount of bullshit on this site, and sites like it, I'm amazed they have survived this long. If anything I'd say there where more new members than ever, that's my problem, I'm just about done with VT because all my friends are gone from here. The old generation are gone and it's all newbies these days.

My names Joe, but you can call me "Lord and master of all space and time"
I'm Bisexual, deal with it
Ask me shit

~Mike was here~
CosmicNoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 28th, 2015, 08:40 AM   #22
Rayquaza
Sky High Pokmon

Default Re: Is VT getting less activity?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CosmicNoodle View Post
with the amount of bullshit on this site, and sites like it, I'm amazed they have survived this long. If anything I'd say there where more new members than ever, that's my problem, I'm just about done with VT because all my friends are gone from here. The old generation are gone and it's all newbies these days.
I agree with this.

I don't think VT has been getting less activity because of anything other than how it's currently being run now.

There has never been as much downtime before 2014, and I do think it's nave to say it's a slow decline rather than a rapid one, considering general forum activity. In hindsight, I feel removing reputation was actually a big error seeing as now there is no incentive other than a +1 on post count to write a good post. Quality posts are declining. A bunch of replies in H&A are just "you should look up whatever you have" or "research it" rather than giving personally-related stories. This means that when people come to the site to browse or come for help, they're more hesitant to create an account because they won't want to invest their time and effort, and disclose their personal circumstances on the website because they won't get an answer that they can relate to. An answer that won't be from researching online, but from the experiences another teen. That's what made the whole point of VirtualTeen. I think if you're replying to a thread, consider what you're saying as a representation of the help people on VT can give and what makes that response different than just another help site.

I wouldn't say it's based on a generation gap at the moment. In the past the generations continually evolved so regardless of whenever people moved on, another generation had already started to take over rather just revealing itself. I suppose I can't be very accurate as I think it's been mentioned before that most traffic comes from P101 but I have that whole section hidden. I do think that the forums could do with a major shake-up too and have some more features on the website, such as "Staff currently online" so that someone can get immediate help. VT has basically been the same since it was 10 years ago with features being added then removed. The shoutbox was a brilliant addition to the site but surely, wouldn't it have made more sense to ban the people that tried to glitch it out, or fix the glitch problem entirely rather than removing it for everyone's entertainment? Was that too much work that the staff couldn't handle?

I speak to people regularly that I met on VT but are not as active any more, and the view that there has been a decline on VT unfortunately doesn't stand alone
Rayquaza is offline   Reply With Quote