Virtual Teen Forums

Go Back   Virtual Teen Forums > >
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Chat Room

Closed Thread

Old April 6th, 2015, 10:38 AM   #1
caffeine

caffeine's Forum Picture

Default Periods?

I am trying to recover from AN since December 2014, I want my period back, so I stopped restricting and fasting, I'm eating normally, but I am not gaining much weight, I'm still underweight, but I know there are many girls with BMI like mine who have their periods.
Did you get your period back? If so, what BMI were you?
My parents keep stressing me about that because I'm still young and my period is important now, but i think it could be something non BMI related, idk
Do I have to visit a gynecologist or something like that, if my weight isn't the problem? help
Old April 6th, 2015, 11:58 AM   #2
xXoblivionXx
Awkward Taco :3

xXoblivionXx's Forum Picture

Default Re: Periods?

Perhaps seeing a gynecologist wouldn't be a bad idea. It may be because you stopped getting it for a while and now that you are the same weight it's hard for your body to re adjust
Old April 7th, 2015, 01:46 AM   #3
GreenGummyBear

Name: Shiva

As someone else recovering from AN, I'm within the normal BMI range at this point and my period has still not regularly come back. I occasionally get it every few months on my own. I would definitely speak to a gynecologist. Mine gave me medication to induce it every 3 or so months because going longer without it can be detrimental to your health. Hope that helps!
Old April 12th, 2015, 09:39 AM   #4
caffeine

caffeine's Forum Picture

Quote:
Originally Posted by xXoblivionXx View Post
Perhaps seeing a gynecologist wouldn't be a bad idea. It may be because you stopped getting it for a while and now that you are the same weight it's hard for your body to re adjust
I'm not the same weight, but I'm afraid that I'll be and I won't get my period. I hope it's what you said, thanks for answering!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenGummyBear View Post
As someone else recovering from AN, I'm within the normal BMI range at this point and my period has still not regularly come back. I occasionally get it every few months on my own. I would definitely speak to a gynecologist. Mine gave me medication to induce it every 3 or so months because going longer without it can be detrimental to your health. Hope that helps!
Oh, I didn't know medication for periods existed, lol. I hope I'll see a gynecologist soon, thanks for your answer!

Last edited by James Dean; April 12th, 2015 at 10:35 PM.
Old April 12th, 2015, 09:00 PM   #5
fairmaiden
Nice Poster

fairmaiden's Forum Picture

Name: :)

I've never had anorexia, but I do have periods so I guess I'll answer lol. Was your period regular before it stopped? If so, then a trip to the gynaecologist wouldn't hurt. If it was irregular before, then maybe it might just take a few weeks/months for it to start again. Either way, if you don't start it within a few months I think you should definitely see a doctor or a gynaecologist about it.

i will love you till the end of time
Old April 14th, 2015, 02:15 PM   #6
caffeine

caffeine's Forum Picture

Quote:
Originally Posted by fairmaiden View Post
I've never had anorexia, but I do have periods so I guess I'll answer lol. Was your period regular before it stopped? If so, then a trip to the gynaecologist wouldn't hurt. If it was irregular before, then maybe it might just take a few weeks/months for it to start again. Either way, if you don't start it within a few months I think you should definitely see a doctor or a gynaecologist about it.
It wasn't regular, it kind of stopped slowly, because before this I had my period like normal people do, every month or so, but it suddenly slowed itself until it finally stopped.
I should visit him then, because I'm not menstruating since November...
Ugh. This will be the first time I'll visit a gynaecologist, it kind of scares me tbh
Old April 15th, 2015, 12:13 AM   #7
fairmaiden
Nice Poster

fairmaiden's Forum Picture

Name: :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by caffeine View Post
It wasn't regular, it kind of stopped slowly, because before this I had my period like normal people do, every month or so, but it suddenly slowed itself until it finally stopped.
I should visit him then, because I'm not menstruating since November...
Ugh. This will be the first time I'll visit a gynaecologist, it kind of scares me tbh
I've never been to a gynaecologist but don't worry about it! You can go with your mum or if you have an older sister you could go with her too.

i will love you till the end of time
Old June 27th, 2015, 12:23 PM   #8
justjulia

justjulia's Forum Picture

Name: Julia

Everybody is different. I lose my period when ever my BMI drops lower than 18.7, and 18.7 is technically a healthy weight. Everybody loses there period at different BMIs so don't compare yourselves to others. Instead, talk to a doctor, it could BMI related or it could be something else. Good luck!

~"You pick me up and take me home again
Head out the window again
We're hollow like the bottles that we drain
You drape your wrists over the steering wheel
Pulses can drive from here
We might be hollow, but we're brave"
Old June 27th, 2015, 05:50 PM   #9
Babs
draft dodger

Babs's Forum Picture

Do not bump threads that have been inactive for over two months.
Closed Thread