Virtual Teen Forums

Go Back   Virtual Teen Forums > >
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Chat Room

Notices

Old March 20th, 2015, 11:22 PM   #1
samantha27

Name: Samantha
Question Is this even normal?

I have been dealing with most of these odd thoughts for the past two years or so, but they have only gotten worse recently. Here are just a few of the things:
1. I worry that people around me can read my mind if they get too close to me, or look me in the eyes.
2. Whenever I am using the computer or watching TV, I always look around to make sure nobody is around but me.
3. I sometimes hear real-life people (mainly celebrities I don't like) saying weird things to me in my head. I often cover my ears so they will "stop"?
4. I check things constantly to make sure I remembered to do them, or that I did them properly (like proofreading this text too many times.)
5. I am very shy about certain things... such as my extremely pathetic crush on a celebrity who is 25, almost 26! I can't believe I just said that.

I am very sorry if I wrote too much, or if it was confusing. I am just curious if this behavior is normal. Is it a phase, or could it be something else? Thank you.
samantha27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 21st, 2015, 08:23 AM   #2
Abhorrence
Death

Abhorrence's Forum Picture

Default Re: Is this even normal?

1. That's a sign of paranoia or a mild paranoia. Well it's not for definite, but it sounds it.
2. Another paranoiac sign
3. Sounds odd, I've not heard of that before.
4. That could be OCD but tbh, I'm a lot like that and I don't have OCD. It's most likely just your personality.
5. That's fine, another personality trait.

Nothing will be waiting for you at the end of this life.

Ask // Private Message
~Mike was here~
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elysium
Spooky scary labia
Abhorrence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 21st, 2015, 08:32 AM   #3
Vermilion
Awesome Poster

Vermilion's Forum Picture

Name: ....

I think you should see a doctor about number 1 and 3. I do number 2 when I'm home alone or watching a horror film and number 4 I also do before I leave for college I check my bag like 3 times within a minute and my pockets every couple of minutes. Number 5 is normal a lot of people have crushes on celebrity
Vermilion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 21st, 2015, 08:38 AM   #4
SethfromMI
Legendary Member

SethfromMI's Forum Picture

Name: Seth

1-4 are signs you should maybe see a counselor. sounds like paranoia and possibly OCD (which actually can fit in with paranoia)

19 | M | BI

Always Up For A Chat!

~ Seth
SethfromMI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 1st, 2015, 07:11 PM   #5
Jordan W.K. White
Member++

Jordan W.K. White's Forum Picture

Name: Jordan

Aside from "hearing voices" which could actually be down to an audiographic memory, you're a teenager now. Alot of them things occured during my early teens and the perfection one is still with me today which actually helps me at work.

However, if you feel you are in need of help you may see a counselors advise, but they will more than likely say the same.

Goodluck,
Jordan.

Your actions inspire others to do the same, whether they are the right actions is up to you. Do as you see and see as you do.
Jordan W.K. White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 1st, 2015, 02:01 AM   #6
tiffany1

Name: Tiffany

+1 for a doctor
tiffany1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 2nd, 2015, 04:05 AM   #7
Andyyy95
Member++

Andyyy95's Forum Picture

Name: Andy

Quote:
Originally Posted by samantha27 View Post
I have been dealing with most of these odd thoughts for the past two years or so, but they have only gotten worse recently. Here are just a few of the things:
1. I worry that people around me can read my mind if they get too close to me, or look me in the eyes.
2. Whenever I am using the computer or watching TV, I always look around to make sure nobody is around but me.
3. I sometimes hear real-life people (mainly celebrities I don't like) saying weird things to me in my head. I often cover my ears so they will "stop"?
4. I check things constantly to make sure I remembered to do them, or that I did them properly (like proofreading this text too many times.)
5. I am very shy about certain things... such as my extremely pathetic crush on a celebrity who is 25, almost 26! I can't believe I just said that.

I am very sorry if I wrote too much, or if it was confusing. I am just curious if this behavior is normal. Is it a phase, or could it be something else? Thank you.
Number 4 is me 24/7, I always check everything like 100000000 times (and yet I still manage to forget stuff...)
Number 5 happens to everybody I think? Like everybody has their own (celebrity) crushes right? Whether you consider it pathetic or not...
Number 2 sounds like you're just privacy-aware I suppose? I used to do that quite a lot as a kid...

Numbers 1 & 3 could be triggered by a life event that may have happened to you? If it's been going on for a while, I think you should see a doctor/counsellor about it and see what they have to say.

All the best,

Andy

Always open to meeting/talking to people, so feel free to add me as friend or pop up for a chat
Andyyy95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 19th, 2015, 01:44 PM   #8
benbeny

Name: Benedictus

1-3 seems like schizophrenic to me
4 like OCD
maybe you should be tested?

A third year medical student
Feel free to PM me! I like to have new friends

Last edited by azure moonstone; June 19th, 2015 at 01:48 PM. Reason: handling duplicate
benbeny is offline   Reply With Quote