Go Back   Virtual Teen Forums > >
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Chat Room

Old January 27th, 2015, 11:16 PM   #21
Perfectly Flawed
Member++

Perfectly Flawed's Forum Picture

Name: Kim
Default Re: Was I raped?

That was legally and morally rape. There is no doubt about that.
Perfectly Flawed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 28th, 2015, 12:39 PM   #22
Excalibur

Excalibur's Forum Picture

Name: Tom

Rape (according to the Oxford Dictionary) means: The crime, typically committed by a man, of forcing another person to have sexual intercourse with the offender against their will.

From your description of it, it definitely sounds like rape. You told him no several times, yet he kept going.

Rape is a crime, and it needs to be stopped. It depends on how long ago this happened, but you can still probably call the police and give them some information about him and the crime, and they should be able to help.

Also, if it feels like it scarred you, you can try calling a Rape Hotline or see a Therapist about it. I hope you feel better soon.
Excalibur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 29th, 2015, 11:28 PM   #23
AtomicBanana

AtomicBanana's Forum Picture

Name: Nathan

From a legal standpoint, that was rape. You said no, you were underage, but it happened to you anyway. You could not have stopped it, and you didn't just let him do it. He overpowered you. I would report him to the authorities. I feel so bad for you, good luck.

17 / Male / Straight

PM me any time you want to talk!

AtomicBanana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 30th, 2015, 04:34 PM   #24
Deleted User
Legendary Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunderstorm View Post
It was definitely rape because you said no, and there is plenty of background to support that. However, I don't know if there is any benefit in reporting it at this point, or if the police will even acknowledge it (as sad as that sounds). It's worth a try if it bothers you that much, but maybe you should seek help with a therapist first before going to the police. Yes, you will have to tell your parents, but you will feel much better that you did.
I'm sorry to say that if this happened awhile ago, this reply is pretty much the best advice you can go with right now. A lot of officers and courts will simply dismiss the case because there would be no remaining evidence and it would just be a "he said, she said" battle.

I'm so sorry this happened but if you need to talk to someone, you should probably seek out a professional, if just to give you some closure.

If you are ever in a position like this again, remember that no always means no. Consent is important. And if you feel your consent is being violated in any way, you can fight back in self-defence. Consent can also be withdrawn so if you ever feel like you're being pressured and say yes but then decide you've changed your mind, that is still well within your right. I hope you're okay.
Deleted User is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 31st, 2015, 06:02 PM   #25
Kate
Junior Member+

Kate's Forum Picture

If you say "no" then it's rape

Edit: You don't necessarily have to say no for rape to be rape. It's considered rape if the act isn't consensual.

Kate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 4th, 2015, 09:59 AM   #26
amybah

If you said no, it was rape. What's more you start to cry. The attitude he had was extremely wrong and I am sorry that this has happened to you. I hope everything goes well with you , kiss

Feel free to contact me if you want
amybah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 12th, 2015, 04:35 AM   #27
Isabella_
Banned

Name: Bella

Totally rape, you should tell a councellor and the police
Isabella_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 12th, 2015, 03:04 PM   #28
Akatosh

Name: Anastasia

Rape is sex without consent. You did not consent, ergo it was rape.

You should talk to a school counselor or another trusted adult (parents if you have the kind of relationship with them in which that sort of subject would be comfortable for you to breach.) Whether you report him or not is up to you.

I went through something similar, and trust me when I say that society has really shitty support systems for victims of sexual assault. If you do decide to report, it will be a frustrating and difficult process. That does not mean that you shouldn't report, but it does mean that you should be mentally prepared for the process of questioning if you do.
Akatosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 31st, 2015, 03:02 PM   #29
ally-mai
Junior Member+

Name: Ally-mai

How old were you both?
ally-mai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 31st, 2015, 03:13 PM   #30
jordanhardy
Banned

Name: Jordan

As everyone has already said, it was rape. Even though it occurred a number of years ago, there is nothing stopping you from reporting him to the police. There have been numerous convictions for historical rapes, although they are hard to prove with forensic evidence which will have been lost over time. He shouldn't be allowed to get away with what he did to you.
jordanhardy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 31st, 2015, 05:53 PM   #31
Jordan W.K. White
Member++

Jordan W.K. White's Forum Picture

As others have said, again and again, it is rape. But there is a pressing issue, and that is the time and evidence. From your testimony, due to the time, it's possible that he would not be prosecuted. However it does mean that if he commits the offence again or has in the past it means he can be charged straight away, but that is again only if the other victim (if there is one) comes forward.

My sister was beaten and raped by her boyfriend, his punishment was 11 months in prison, which is very minimal. Half way during that time we found out he actually raped an underage girl in the place he was put on tag, he is now serving a 12 year prison strech with no chance of early release. The difference between them two cases is that the victim went to the Police when it happened.

So again, do report it, but don't get your hopes up on a serious charge.

Your actions inspire others to do the same, whether they are the right actions is up to you. Do as you see and see as you do.
Jordan W.K. White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 5th, 2015, 11:08 PM   #32
Uniquemind
VT Lover

Yeah it is a black and white case of rape, it's not even in that grey area which is politically incorrect even to mention the grey area.

You should immediately report it and at the very least break up with him.

Get a doctor to check you out as well for health reasons.

Also general advice to anybody who needs to report being raped and or support a friend who is reporting it...be prepared some police dept. are respectful but others are really bad so you need to brace yourself.

----

2nd EDIT:

Oh snap! I just re-read the original post.

You need to see a doctor and a gynecologist ASAP because not only could be physical damage, but you could be pregnant as well!

And it could be a dangerous pregnancy, because your body may not be ready yet.

Last edited by Uniquemind; April 6th, 2015 at 12:29 PM. Reason: Had something else to add.
Uniquemind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 6th, 2015, 12:32 PM   #33
Uniquemind
VT Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordan W.K. White View Post
As others have said, again and again, it is rape. But there is a pressing issue, and that is the time and evidence. From your testimony, due to the time, it's possible that he would not be prosecuted. However it does mean that if he commits the offence again or has in the past it means he can be charged straight away, but that is again only if the other victim (if there is one) comes forward.

My sister was beaten and raped by her boyfriend, his punishment was 11 months in prison, which is very minimal. Half way during that time we found out he actually raped an underage girl in the place he was put on tag, he is now serving a 12 year prison strech with no chance of early release. The difference between them two cases is that the victim went to the Police when it happened.

So again, do report it, but don't get your hopes up on a serious charge.

Only 12 years? Is it possibly less if he "behaves well in prison" ?
Old April 7th, 2015, 07:00 PM   #34
Jordan W.K. White
Member++

Jordan W.K. White's Forum Picture

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uniquemind View Post
Only 12 years? Is it possibly less if he "behaves well in prison" ?
Nope, there's no chance of early release, he'll also be on the Sex Offenders registry for the rest of his life.

Your actions inspire others to do the same, whether they are the right actions is up to you. Do as you see and see as you do.
Jordan W.K. White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 21st, 2015, 08:54 PM   #35
Uniquemind
VT Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordan W.K. White View Post
Nope, there's no chance of early release, he'll also be on the Sex Offenders registry for the rest of his life.
That's hardly a punishment.

He should be sent to hard labor or executed.
Old April 21st, 2015, 09:01 PM   #36
Ridonks_CB
Member++

Ridonks_CB's Forum Picture

Name: Crystal

That is rape dear
You definitely should report him

~If you ever need to just talk, I'm right here <3~

Repeat after me:
My body is not wrong, or ugly, too big or too thin, too pale or too dark, too broken or too strong. It is the vessel of a precious life and that is enough.

Ridonks_CB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 10th, 2015, 03:17 PM   #37
Hey_123

He raped you. Period. Call the sexual abuse hotline at 800.656.HOPE (4673) and the police. Get help now.
Hey_123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 17th, 2015, 09:56 PM   #38
Amber Alert
Junior Member+

Yes you were definitely raped by this guy. You said NO several times and he continued to force himself on you until he was having sex. Whenever you say NO it means you don't want to do it and the guy should stop immediately.
Amber Alert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 18th, 2015, 04:47 AM   #39
Dyri_14
Member++

Name: gda " Dyri "

Tell yours parents and the police.
Dyri_14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 18th, 2015, 05:30 AM   #40
handle with care

handle with care's Forum Picture

Name: andrew