Virtual Teen Forums

Go Back   Virtual Teen Forums > >
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Chat Room

Old April 13th, 2015, 05:38 AM   #1
MadManic
Junior Member+

Name: Jess
Default I'm leaving.

For as long as i can remember my mom has been verbally abusive. (and before you dismiss that just because it doesn't leave physical scars, verbal abuse is incredibly damaging) She took away my car last night and i finally stood up for myself for once and she just went crazy. I'm not the emotional type and honestly i haven't cried in years but i broke down. My dad tried to stand up for me a little but when my mom called him out he immediately was on her side. It was like i was the enemy. I've had enough. I'm running away. I'm saving up money, i'm packing, I'm buying a train ticket i have everything planned out. If it wasn't for my little sister i would have left a long time ago. I guess i'm selfish for this, but if i stay i WILL end up killing myself. I feel like those are my only two choices, run away or die. Obviously i can't give you a real picture of how bad this really is but I can't handle any of this anymore. I'm gone.
MadManic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 14th, 2015, 10:56 PM   #2
Atom

Atom's Forum Picture

Default Re: I'm leaving.

Have you considered calling protective services on your parents (or just mom) by any chance? I understand that it may be very hard for you right now, but it will get a lot worse if you run away. The money you're saving up will run out much quicker than you think, there is so much stuff you just can't plan for.

19 Gay Vegetarian
Atom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 15th, 2015, 07:46 AM   #3
WanderingHeart
Nice Poster

Name: Sola

Don't you feel so trapped when your only options are running away or killing yourself?

But if you must run away I suggest you plan every single thing out, because you're about to be faced with many things, including dangerous things. And if you're underage you need to be careful of police and getting into trouble.

If you truly have tried EVERYTHING and the only option is running away, then I think you should. It will be extremely difficult (sleeping on the ground, being really dirty, avoiding criminals, going a while without food, completely taking care of yourself, etc) but it's better than being at home, isn't it?

If you truly feel you have to run away (I suggest you try the person above me's idea, or try a counselor or something first) then that is your choice.

If you need anything message me.

WanderingHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 15th, 2015, 09:51 AM   #4
Hudor
Awesome Poster

Hudor's Forum Picture

Name: Aditya
Location: On the only human-friendly planet in the Milky Way galaxy

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadManic View Post
For as long as i can remember my mom has been verbally abusive. (and before you dismiss that just because it doesn't leave physical scars, verbal abuse is incredibly damaging) She took away my car last night and i finally stood up for myself for once and she just went crazy. I'm not the emotional type and honestly i haven't cried in years but i broke down. My dad tried to stand up for me a little but when my mom called him out he immediately was on her side. It was like i was the enemy. I've had enough. I'm running away. I'm saving up money, i'm packing, I'm buying a train ticket i have everything planned out. If it wasn't for my little sister i would have left a long time ago. I guess i'm selfish for this, but if i stay i WILL end up killing myself. I feel like those are my only two choices, run away or die. Obviously i can't give you a real picture of how bad this really is but I can't handle any of this anymore. I'm gone.
Is there a reason for her abusing you?

Kudos to The Riddler(Siobhan) for creating the awesome signature!
Hudor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 15th, 2015, 06:31 PM   #5
MadManic
Junior Member+

No i do everything i can to sep her happy but it's like walking on eggshells. The slightest thing can set her off and once she's off, the house crumbles
Old April 16th, 2015, 01:32 PM   #6
CreativeUsername

CreativeUsername's Forum Picture

Name: Toby

Quote:
If you haven't run away already, how much money do you have? And also, how old are you if you don't mind me asking.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
CreativeUsername is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 19th, 2015, 07:33 AM   #7
MadManic
Junior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingbaz3 View Post
If you haven't run away already, how much money do you have? And also, how old are you if you don't mind me asking.
so far i'm only at about a little over 200. that's not nearly enough so i'm still here. but i'm 17
Old April 19th, 2015, 02:07 PM   #8
CreativeUsername

CreativeUsername's Forum Picture

Name: Toby

Quote:
so far i'm only at about a little over 200. that's not nearly enough so i'm still here. but i'm 17

You're old enough to get a job if you don't already have one. If you get enough money you could even consider finding a hostel, so you wouldn't have to be sleeping outside, and they're cheaper than hotels. And maybe if you leave for a short time, your mom will maybe realize what she was doing, and be nicer. But before you leave make sure you really want to do this. It'll be very tough, and things could get bad. But it you really can't stand it, you should leave.

Another option which people have mentioned before me, is calling Child Protective Services. You are still a minor so they could help.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
CreativeUsername is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 19th, 2015, 02:10 PM   #9
WanderingHeart
Nice Poster

Name: Sola

Like what user above me said you can get a job to save money. Then when you've earned enough you could get the hell out of there.

WanderingHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 12th, 2015, 04:44 PM   #10
linx

call the cops on your mom
before you go find a "run away" hotline and bring a phone if you decide you want to turn back
linx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 12th, 2015, 04:47 PM   #11
Ridonks_CB
Member++

Ridonks_CB's Forum Picture

Name: Crystal

I think the most responsible thing you could do is call social services or something of the sort. Running away will only cause you more trouble, especially because you're a minor.

~If you ever need to just talk, I'm right here <3~

Repeat after me:
My body is not wrong, or ugly, too big or too thin, too pale or too dark, too broken or too strong. It is the vessel of a precious life and that is enough.

Ridonks_CB is offline   Reply With Quote