Virtual Teen Forums

Go Back   Virtual Teen Forums > >
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Chat Room

Old April 28th, 2015, 03:15 PM   #1
iTimeLine
Junior Member+

iTimeLine's Forum Picture

Post So... I almost died today.

So, before this story starts, I will just say, I have anaphylaxis, which basically means, if I get stung by a bee, I have an extreme allergic reaction to it.

So, this morning, at around 8:00 am, I woke up, and was asked to walk the dog down to the park, so, it is only about 300 feet from my house, so I could walk there and back in a few minutes. So, I left the house with the dog and walked down to the park. Now, I live in Nevada, so it is really warm here in the Spring, so flowers were starting to bloom. This means bees were around too. So, the dog does it's thing, and I start to walk through the grass back to the sidewalk, and a feel a tickle on the side of my neck, like something is crawling on it. And, without better judgement, I try to push it off, so, it stings me. It took me a second to realize what had just happened, and I said to myself "Oh f**k". Almost like me saying that was a command, I felt my throat starting to swell. Now, for a second, lets go back to just before I left the house. I was leaving, and I forgot to grab my Epipens off the kitchen counter, right before I closed the front door, my mom called to me and told me I forgot them. Right, lets get back to where we were. So my throat was swelling, and I was panicking, so I sat down in the grass, calmed myself for a second, and jabbed myself with the Epipen.

So, I was really lucky today, my mom might as well have saved my life, since I was the only one at the park at that time of the day. When I felt the swelling start to go down, I called 911, and then I called my mom, the people in the ambulance checked me out, and let me go without having to go to the hospital.

Has anyone else had a relate able experience?

Also, I take online classes, so, that is why I was able to leave the house at 8:00.

Last edited by iTimeLine; April 28th, 2015 at 08:06 PM.
iTimeLine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 28th, 2015, 03:40 PM   #2
Babs
little lady

Babs's Forum Picture

Default Re: So... I almost died today.

That must have been scary. I'm glad your okay!
I don't think I've ever had a legitimate near-death experience. I was almost in a car accident once, and if the other car hadn't slammed on the breaks (or didn't run a fucking red light) I could have been killed but it wasn't really THAT close.
Babs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 28th, 2015, 03:54 PM   #3
iTimeLine
Junior Member+

And they said they would mail a little metal wristband with my name, house phone number, and my condition.

I guess just in case something like this happens again and I pass out.
Old April 28th, 2015, 08:33 PM   #4
Microcosm
Awesome Poster

Microcosm's Forum Picture

Name: Dan

That's a really crazy story. Personally, I don't think anything like that has ever happened to me(a NDE) before. Thank goodness that your mom handed you the epipens though. That could have gone horribly wrong, but you handled the situation calmly and with control which is really great.
Microcosm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 28th, 2015, 09:47 PM   #5
iTimeLine
Junior Member+

I just did what the doctor instructed me to do XD.
Old April 29th, 2015, 02:27 AM   #6
James Dean
Rebel

James Dean's Forum Picture

Name: Charles

Yes, so many close calls I had. All of mine have to do with bikes and skateboards and me being stupid not wearing a helmet or pads, and riding in areas I'm not supposed to like on outside staircases and ramps, empty river beds, and downhill streets.

VM
PM

"You could stop at five or six stores, or just one."
James Dean is offline   Reply With Quote