Virtual Teen Forums

Go Back   Virtual Teen Forums > > >
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Chat Room

Old January 18th, 2015, 08:48 PM   #1
jennaispro

Name: Jenna
Default Trichotillomania?

I've had trich for a few years now, and after the pulling from my head got noticeable, I moved to other areas. It's getting to the point where I'm pulling so much, it's impairing my ability to function. I just wanted to know if anyone else was in a similar boat or had any tips for stopping. Thanks!
( <- I need this back!!!)
jennaispro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 26th, 2015, 11:31 PM   #2
Excalibur

Excalibur's Forum Picture

Name: Tom
Default Re: Trichotillomania?

I personally do not have trich, nor do I really know what it feels like, so I'm not really in the position to tell you what to do, but I would try a hat, possibly. That may help, may not. But, there are a couple channels on YouTube (including Beckie0) covering that subject. Beckie0 openly has trich, and she has many videos about trich, so she may help, and I'm sure you could contact her or a doctor/therapist about it. Hope this helps.

Sorry this is a bit late. :p
Excalibur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 27th, 2015, 12:33 AM   #3
Karkat
Knight of Blood

Karkat's Forum Picture

Name: Ren Hek

I haven't been diagnosed with it, but I do have a problem of that sort

I also skin pick and pick at my nails. I've found the thing that works best for me is keeping my hands busy.

Just a ghost

Nothing to see here
Karkat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 27th, 2015, 02:22 AM   #4
Calliope
Member++

Calliope's Forum Picture

Name: Avery

I don't have trich, but I do have dermatillomania (skin picking disorder). Hello, fellow person with a BFRB!
You can of course look into getting a wig or two, and there's always things to help cover up noticeable missing hair (if you pull at eyebrows or eyelashes, there's always eyebrow pencils and false lashes). Keeping your hands busy sounds like a good idea - I know there's an Etsy store that sells things to distract people from things like trich, but I can't find it :( Still, something like a fidget ring might be helpful to you.
Check out this post, maybe? I didn't read the entire thing and it's made with dermatillomania in mind, but it seems like it could help. This may also be of use to you. It's a directory of Tumblrs dedicated to BFRB's, and there's a whole section on trich blogs. I hope I helped a bit, and good luck!

I've quit VT. You can find me on Tumblr.
Calliope is offline   Reply With Quote