Virtual Teen Forums

Go Back   Virtual Teen Forums > >
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Chat Room

Old September 17th, 2014, 09:27 PM   #21
SmokyChica

SmokyChica's Forum Picture

Name: Corinne
Default Re: Wanting an eating disorder??

Seriously, you don't want an eating disorder. It MESSES you up so badly. You want a healthy diet with exercise to get you skinny. And for an addiction? Get addicted to something good and happy like a hobby or fun pastime or talent you have. Because eating disorders don't make you skinny and they don't get you healthy. They make you sick more than you could imagine, and everyone has a different reaction to it. Trust me, be healthy; that's what a lot of people who actually have an eating disorder would do anything to be.
SmokyChica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 18th, 2014, 09:04 PM   #22
Deleted User
Legendary Member

You do not want an eating disorder.

You do not want to feel that sense of control slipping away to the point you feel like you can't control yourself. You may control what goes in and out of your body but your mind and your addiction to that control, ironically, controls you.

You do not want to be shivering all the time, even when you're bundled up, even in the summer when it's hot out.

You do not want to feel nauseous and dizzy, like you're going to pass out or vomit every time you stand up because you haven't eaten in two days.

You do not want to be unable to sleep because you're so hungry your stomach hurts but it hurts even more to think about making it stop.

You do not want the guilt that comes with wanting food. When your mind berates you for wanting something so "selfish".

You do not want the guilt that comes every time someone looks at you. Maybe the first time you get caught purging. Maybe it's the people in the halls at school looking at how your sweater is far too loose around your wrists. Maybe it's when your friends insist you have something to eat but you feel guilty for not eating in front of them but even guiltier when your mind yells at you if you do.

You do not want to look at yourself in the mirror and see two people: the one with the bags under their eyes and the bones sticking out in weird places but then the person who is still too fat. The person who can see every bit of body fat and know there's still a tiny bit more to lose. And that tiny bit just gets bigger and bigger.

You do not want to fall asleep crying because you don't want to be "fat" but you'd rather die than be in the amount of pain you go through to be skinny.

You do not want to go through that. You do not want to start on a path of wanting something that utterly destroys you. You'll think you're in control, that you can stop at any time, and maybe at first you can. But it does get worse. Because it is a disease, not a diet.

What you want is to be comfortable in your own body. You're allowed to want to lose weight. A lot of people do. But believe me when I say an eating disorder is not the way to do it. They are not glamourous, they are not to be envied, they are not to be wished for. For some people it's torture, for others it's a death sentence.

And the worst part, is that for recovered anorexics like me, there's still a part of you that wants all that pain. You always want to believe you can skip one meal and still be okay. But you know that's not true because look where it got you before? You hate yourself for being sick but you hate yourself for being healthy. And even after you're back at a regular weight, the rest doesn't just go away. There are permanent health problems for some people (I got lucky and got straightened out long before that) but the distress just recovery causes? You have to deal with that too. It's a no-win situation most of the time and you do not want that.

Wanting an eating disorder doesn't mean you want to be skinny, it means you want to be sick. And I don't believe that's actually what you want.
Deleted User is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 19th, 2014, 04:50 PM   #23
Renata_cmp
Banned

Medias are suffocating us with thousands of images of skinny girls and muscular boys screaming almost shamelessely "this is how you're supposed to look!!! If you don't have that body you will never be happy!!!" And it's creating imo these terrible diseases... I had some experience with eating disorder before, and my best friend nearly killed himself a few month ago because he is "fat" and is so self consious about his body, it was too much for him to handle... Plus mean people keeps saying in his back "what a lazy fat loser, there's no way he's gonna find a girlfriend f he don't put on some muscles" or some shit like that... Well, all of this motivated me to go deeply into nutrition and fitness, and believe me or not, but he and I are making great progress with clean (it does not have to be privative) nutrition and just a little bit of exercise.
If you want to lose fat, don't go with eating disorders, it's like asking for cutting your arm off because you have a thorn in your thumb. If you want any advices about fitness, nutrition, self control or anything, PM me, i'll be more than glad to give you all the advices you want.
Renata_cmp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 25th, 2014, 05:35 PM   #24
Karkat
Knight of Blood

Karkat's Forum Picture

Name: Ren Hek

Ok, as someone suffering from both an addiction dealing with food and body image, and one/s that do not have to do with it

You don't want either. You do not want to have an addiction. You do not want to have an eating disorder. You do not want to give up control of your life to something that can fucking ruin you, kill you, and suck every drop of happiness out of your life.

Stop trying to purge now. In fact, fuck being skinny. I've been 'skinny' my whole life, and it's not really what it's cut out to be. I've been 85lb and I've been almost 160 lb, and you know which felt better?

Not the 85, let me tell you. I felt sick. I felt tired. I hated myself. One night, someone made a disgusting comment that made me realize how truly thin I was, and I have never felt so ugly in my life as I did then.

The media is fucked up. It's full of bullshit, and it's toxic. So are most people out there. Or should I say, "sheeple". They glamorize addictions, eating disorders, they make light of them, then they turn the blade on anyone who ACTUALLY suffers with them, and make them the butt of a joke. They want you to give up what they think is an act. They won't take you seriously. They won't help you, they will abandon you, they will kick you under the carpet. You might even lose people you love because they don't understand what you're going through.

It's not worth it.

Just a ghost

Nothing to see here
Karkat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 13th, 2014, 06:27 PM   #25
SethfromMI
Legendary Member

SethfromMI's Forum Picture

Name: Seth

I am not going to hate, but you don't want a disorder. eating disorders, as much damage they cause, become addictions. very dangerous addictions. if you want to lose weight, try eating a little healthier and start doing exercise. do it because you want to be healthier. but please, don't try to develop a eating disorder, it will only cause harm and you won't even feel good about yourself. usually people with eating disorders are never satisfied no matter what the "results" are

19 | M | BI

Always Up For A Chat!

~ Seth
SethfromMI is online now   Reply With Quote
Old October 14th, 2014, 09:53 PM   #26
Pacaveli

Pacaveli's Forum Picture

Name: ķϒℓℯ

You don't need a addiction, find something more healthy. Be addicted to sports or school.

" It's the game of life. Do I win or do I lose? One day they're gonna shut the game down. I gotta have as much fun and go around the board as many times as I can before it's my turn to leave. " -Tupac Shakur, R.I.P 1996
Pacaveli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 15th, 2014, 10:57 AM   #27
Elena_
Member+

Elena_'s Forum Picture

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pacaveli View Post
You don't need a addiction, find something more healthy. Be addicted to sports or school.
Or you can also be addicted to fruit , or to black chocolate (like me) , or to reading books ,or to music ... xD
I think we all want to look like Miranda Kerr or to Candice Swanepoel but ...
Yesterday I was talking with a boyfriend about "being skinny" and "to going in a diet" and all these things and he send me this pic

Last edited by Elena_; October 15th, 2014 at 11:00 AM.
Elena_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 18th, 2014, 05:42 PM   #28
Renata_cmp
Banned

And to be all equals and stuff, here's the male version :
Renata_cmp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 1st, 2015, 08:13 AM   #29
amgb
Awesome Poster

SORRY moderators I posted in a thread more than two months old :/

Raise your words, not voice. It is {light} rain that grows flowers, not thunder. ― Jalaluddin Rumi

Last edited by amgb; January 6th, 2015 at 11:58 AM.
amgb is offline   Reply With Quote