Go Back   Virtual Teen Forums > > >
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Chat Room

Old December 30th, 2014, 03:33 PM   #1
queenofcontrariety
Member++

queenofcontrariety's Forum Picture

Name: Haley
Default Mania?

Let me start off by saying that I have not been diagnosed as bipolar. I do come from a family with multiple cases and it seems likely that I do have some form of bipolar disorder.

Did I just experience a manic episode?
I gate cleaning my room, it gives me serious anxiety and I usually end up going insane when forced to. Here I am laying in bed not wanting to move, wanting to cry and sleep and such.
For some reason I still can't explain I decided to clean my entire room for no apparent reason. Washing my sheets organizing all my make up, fixing everything, hanging hooks... I didn't really want to do any of this I just had an "I NEED TO DO EVERYTHING" moment. I haven't really eaten today and I'm still running around like a chicken without a head... what us wrong with me? Is my hunch of this being a real manic episode opposed to my usual borderline hypomania? What am I supposed to do...?

Feel free to PM me at any point
Also known as the girl no one can say it better than

queenofcontrariety is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 30th, 2014, 08:49 PM   #2
Thunderstorm
Great Poster

Thunderstorm's Forum Picture

Name: Jake
Default Re: Mania?

You might have some sort of mild mania but that was not a manic episode. That was closer to you having an epiphany to get stuff done than a manic episode. A manic episode is several days of constant frenzy that usually controls all aspects of your life. If this runs in your family, it might be something you should worry about. However, there are many more symptoms that you would need to classify this specific event as a manic episode, such as reduce sleep, hurried speech, constant ramblings, racing thoughts, and/or bloated self-esteem/personality.

You'll always be my thunder, so bring on the rain.
Thunderstorm is offline   Reply With Quote