Virtual Teen Forums

Go Back   Virtual Teen Forums > >
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Chat Room

Old December 21st, 2014, 01:32 AM   #1
Grim

Name: brandon
Exclamation my friend was RAPED and im trying to get evidence of the offender, is this illegal?

ok, my friend was raped, and i think if i called the person and pretended like i was a cop then i could get him to admit what he raped her. would that be illegal if i recorded the convo and pretended to be a cop? its for a good reason, my friend was raped, we need evidence. what do i do??? thanks to all who help
Grim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 21st, 2014, 01:43 AM   #2
King_of_Hearts

King_of_Hearts's Forum Picture

Name: Cole
Default Re: my friend was RAPED and im trying to get evidence of the offender, is this illega

Well, impersonating an officer of the law is illegal, and on top of that, I just wouldn't recommend it. If she was raped, call the authorities and tell them what happened. If her parents don't know about this, tell them as well. Rape is a serious crime, and must be dealt with as such. But please, get her medical attention to make sure she is okay, and call the authorities to discuss the matter of the law with.

King_of_Hearts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 21st, 2014, 05:24 AM   #3
James Dean
Rebel

James Dean's Forum Picture

Name: Charles
Default Re: my friend was RAPED and im trying to get evidence of the offender, is this illega

I'm so sorry that this happened to your friend. I appreciate you trying to act fast to get resolution and justice towards her. However, that isn't a wise idea as it could make the situation worse if you take the law into your own hands. The best way to do this is to just tell the authorities or the school superiors or what have you. Let your friend know that is isn't their fault and be there to support them.

VM
PM

"You could stop at five or six stores, or just one."
James Dean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 21st, 2014, 08:12 AM   #4
Elysium
Global Moderator

Elysium's Forum Picture

Yes, impersonating an officer is very much illegal and could just get you in trouble. The evidence you need to even start pursuing this is a rape kit, which she needs to have done at a hospital. After that, she can decide whether or not to go through with pressing charges and see where that goes. If she's showered since the rape happened though, you've lost your evidence and that's pretty much it.

Global Moderator
My Diary
“Everything was beautiful and nothing hurt.”
- Kurt Vonnegut, Slaughterhouse Five

PM me FAQ
[email protected]
“The Goderator”
~Mike was here~
*Ali*
val
~Steven~
Elysium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 21st, 2014, 07:02 PM   #5
dragonmaster2645

Name: joshua

Quote:
Originally Posted by King_of_Hearts View Post
Well, impersonating an officer of the law is illegal, and on top of that, I just wouldn't recommend it. If she was raped, call the authorities and tell them what happened. If her parents don't know about this, tell them as well. Rape is a serious crime, and must be dealt with as such. But please, get her medical attention to make sure she is okay, and call the authorities to discuss the matter of the law with.
I agree you shouldn't try an act as a cop. but you also have to be 100% truthful and tell the cops.

on tv they do these things called rape kits so that should e the way they get evidence. they will find dna
dragonmaster2645 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 22nd, 2014, 09:48 AM   #6
SethfromMI
Legendary Member

SethfromMI's Forum Picture

Name: Seth

pretending to be a cop is a big no no. I know you want to help but that is not the way to do it

19 | M | BI

Always Up For A Chat!

~ Seth
SethfromMI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 22nd, 2014, 10:00 AM   #7
Uranus
Mah Home

Uranus's Forum Picture

Name: Thomas (Yung Merk)

I'm sorry to hear this. Rape isn't a joke and needs to be taken very seriously.

As for you. Impersonating a policeman, or any figure of law enforcement, is a BIG NO NO. Penalties can be, 5 years or more in prison, a permanent criminal record, fines up to $1000 and more, and probation. Even just one of those penalties will not help when trying to get into college and get a job. (These penalties vary by location)

I know you want to be the good guy, but in this situation it's best to let the authorities handle it. And they would do better to get answers.

For one, they can bring him in, and have an interrogation.
They have certain questions they ask to find out the truth, and they have nothing personal against him, while you do. Because he could say something that could trigger your anger and you can hurt him, illegally and you don't want that. Let the authorities handle this.

#ThugLife
Uranus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 28th, 2014, 12:18 AM   #8
twirlgurl

twirlgurl's Forum Picture

DONT DONT DONT!! Let the police handle it.

First: I'm HOPING your friend reported it and had a rape kit done!!!

Second: If you interfere, you could actually blow the case for the detective. Like, you could do or say something to him that could cause evidence to be destroyed and they can't charge him for the crime.

Third: Your FRIEND needs you the most, Not the police.
twirlgurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 28th, 2014, 10:30 PM   #9
amgb
Awesome Poster

First make sure your friend is okay, and if her/his parents don't know about it I suggest you tell them, and maybe tell your parents about it too. And definitely tell the cops. I'm pretty sure pretending to be a cop is illegal, but I don't suggest you calling the person and recording the conversation either, that might land you in a situation later that you really don't want to be in. I know you have good intentions I hope it all works out for your friend..

Raise your words, not voice. It is {light} rain that grows flowers, not thunder. ― Jalaluddin Rumi
amgb is offline   Reply With Quote